*ACTIVATED* TD-8800 / ICONOCLASTA_88 / SWAT OFFICER # 013

Move Along Trooper.

Name: Juan Arvizu

Legion ID #: TD-8800

Forum Name: iconoclasta_88

Garrison: Mexican Garrison

Trooper Emulated: Move Along Trooper (pre-break version)

Armor: TE2

Pack: Crashmann, MrBogangles, DirtyBoy, Gordon and found items

E11: Doopydoos pipe Kit + Dashrazor pipe

Pauldron: Trooper1

Handplates: Karin's Latex

Boots: TKboots

Pouches: Zadokk + IMA

Hovis: Keith's

Radio: Zenix + custom and found parts

Weathering: 1 pigment (Raw Umber Woodland Scenics)

Electronics: Aker amp + ROM F/X card

Belt: Vintage 70s cloth

Hardware: vintage brass split rivets + regular hardware

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Member must currently be deployed as an MEPD Police Officer to be considered. YES

Weathering must be appropriate to screen used armor. Too little or too much weathering will not be allowed. YES

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pack, pauldron, and weapon combinations must match a specific trooper a seen on screen. YES

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pauldrons must be of the accurate "puffy" variety. YES

Posted Image

Packs must have the appropriate details for the specific trooper which is being referenced. YES

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Exhaust port has been ugraded since this next picture was taken.

Posted Image

Pouches must be of the correct construction, color, and materials as reference trooper. YES

Posted Image

Posted Image

Rubber gloves.YES

Latex or silicone (i.e., "soft") hand plates. YES

Posted Image

Posted Image

Rivets on the left side of the ab/kidney plates: a total of six rivets with three on the ab and three on the kidney plate, equally spaced out along the depth of the armor and about 10mm from the edge. YES

Posted Image

Posted Image

One snap on the top right hand side oft he ab plate: back of male side of snap should show on outside of ab plate. YES

Posted Image

Visible fasteners under crotch area. Two (or 3) male snaps in the back and one split rivet or brad in the front. (not required to be functional) YES

Posted Image

Posted Image

Boots must be screen accurate in color and make; they cannot have a seam on the front. YES

Posted Image

Posted Image

FXhelmets, MRCE and/or ANHv2 helmets are not allowed. YES

Hasbro blasters are not allowed, even conversions. YES

Posted Image

And here are a few extra things I did to my armor...

Gaffer's tape on ankles.

Posted Image

Modified the thigh tops.

Posted Image

Use of real Gaffer's tape from filmaking for details:

Posted Image

Built a more accurate stand for shotgun shells:

Posted Image

Modified chestplate shoulder straps to make it more ANH:

Posted Image

Added the correct screws on chestplate return edge:

Posted Image

Trimmed the bucket just like the Move Along Bucket (picture has previous weathering):

Posted Image

Painted and weathered handplates to make it more ANH:

Posted Image

And... the mugshot:

Posted Image

What do you think?

And... Dirty Boy our XO will explain how evaluation will proceed, taking in consideration that I am the Deployment Officer...

:)

Do you like it?

Saludos

And THX for this awesome ride... I would not have been able to do it if not for all the help and inspiration I get from all of you, my dirty brothers!!!

Saludos

Juan

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok....here is how this one is goin to be evaluated based on the fact that Juan is our DO. Rolf and myself will be doing the final evaluation and once we are in agreement I will go ahead and either approve or deny the SWAT designation. I encourage all to help in the evaluation process and point out things that might require further look or modification. Please remember SWAT is based on what is seen on screen or implied based on common sense. We are not after prop forgery so strapping,helmet liners, under suits and things of those nature are not part of the approval process.

I think it's pretty much dead on man. I think with a couple minor adjustments you'll be ready to go. Ok so now let's get critical...here's some of the things that were listed on the other thread as well.

1. the rivets on the side should be painted white.

2. Ammo belt on knee should be dropped slightly to reveal the seam.

3. Radio should be same height as the top of the cistern.

4. Mortar disc should be smaller version.

5. Small rivet should be in the corner of the AB plate box and then painted white.

6. Bee stinger should be straight

I like it but would look into:

1. The bee stinger have to point straight down on the back pack.

2. The jug lid you have are the big version, you need the small version.

3. The weathering looks good, but maybe a bit too clean i´m not sure.

4. Maybe copy this detail patterns on the belly right side.

5. Most Sandtrooper´s in the door alley droid check up have white gaffa tape on there shins, but i´m not sure the Move a long trooper have or any of the other Sandtrooper´s on the road block scene either.

6. You need to move down the ammo belt on the leg, so you can see the assemble of the leg.

7. Looks like you have to trim the corners square a like on your strips assembling the suit, but have then just cut straight over.

8. Could also do the accurate strapping system, i guess the most important is you got the visible stuff on the out side like the screws.

You have them add on the chest, but you have not add the screws on the back plate to the middle plate as well.

9. Maybe add a metal dot in the end of the mag on your E-11.

Thats my nines for now, but bro, you have all ready a top cool suit, this are just a helping hand if you like just as asked for.

Keep up the good work bro :thumbsup:

I also reply here whit pics:

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=9772&st=60

So, I have worked some mods and adjustments on my armor... Most things needed on the pack I will try to work on tomorrow. Will need to get a new radar lid, but have alreadyordered it...

Lets see...

From Rick's post:

1. the rivets on the side should be painted white.

I painted them white, but rubbed of a bit just to make them look more ANH.

Posted Image

2. Ammo belt on knee should be dropped slightly to reveal the seam.

Have adjusted the knee ammo belt to reveal the seam.

Posted Image

5. Small rivet should be in the corner of the AB plate box and then painted

I did not added a rivet, but modified the plate using a lighter, a AA baterry and a wooden spoon.

Posted Image

From Rolf's post:

3. The weathering looks good, but maybe a bit too clean i´m not sure.

Might be the lighting. I will try to take some pictures on day light, but in the meantime, here is this one. Hope it makes the weathering look more like it actually is.

Posted Image

4. Maybe copy this detail patterns on the belly right side.

Done:

Posted Image

5. Most Sandtrooper´s in the door alley droid check up have white gaffa tape on there shins, but i´m not sure the Move a long trooper have or any of the other Sandtrooper´s on the road block scene either.

Gaffer's tape removed.

Posted Image

6. You need to move down the ammo belt on the leg, so you can see the assemble of the leg.

Done, picture above.

7. Looks like you have to trim the corners square a like on your strips assembling the suit, but have then just cut straight over.

Most of the strips have corners cut in diagonal, but not all. When i first build the armor I was ot aware of this. Have since cut some of them but not all are possile. Is this required?

Here is an example of how most are AtM.

Posted Image

8. Could also do the accurate strapping system, i guess the most important is you got the visible stuff on the out side like the screws.

You have them add on the chest, but you have not add the screws on the back plate to the middle plate as well.

Might aswell add them to the back and kidney plates just to make them look like the real thing, but Paul TM said that this armor is not suitable for original dtrapping, soI wont add it for real. Anyway, that is not needed, but does adds up and looks cool.

9. Maybe add a metal dot in the end of the mag on your E-11.

Will consider this, even if ANH tatooine E11 did not have them. They had a wooden block inside the magazine.

I am still considering to build a whole Tatooine E11 replica, but for now I am staying with the regular E11.

:)

Also, I want to add some more rpicts of some extra details:

Bucket with no mesh on the frown.

Posted Image

Original strapping style on arms and biceps.

Posted Image

Weathered boots.

Posted Image

detail pict of side snap.

Posted Image

Close up of the mic tips.

Posted Image

Better picture of butt snaps.

Posted Image

What do you think?

Saludos.

LOOKING REALLY COOL JUAN ! I AM ,SO GLAD THAT OTHERS ARE NOW FOLLOWING THE " 76' SPIRIT" FOR SWAT STATUS ! ,I CANT WAIT TO SEE THIS WITH ALLTHE GAFFA TAPE ,AND THE VAROIUS 76' TOUCHES TOO MI AMIGO ! :yes::td: SALUDOS BRO ! :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

Looking really good Juan. I dont think there is anything else I can see that hasn't already been pointed out. Just maybe a bit more dirt on the main parts, and maybe dropping your belt down a little to reveal the clean bit on the ab plate underneath.

Lovely job though.

Nick

I'll hopefully be joining you & my other SWAT brothers very soon!

Awesome & very quick mods! I know how tiring this gets after the last couple of weeks.

Think we both deserve this! :)

Then let's get some SWAT merchandise!!

I'll hopefully be joining you & my other SWAT brothers very soon!

Awesome & very quick mods! I know how tiring this gets after the last couple of weeks.

Think we both deserve this! :)

Then let's get some SWAT merchandise!!

Yes, it is a lot of work indeed. And only after you have gone through it and turn back, can understand how long and how much work it is needed to get where we are now: one step away from SWAT.

For me it has been at least 3 years since I started this armor with the idea of going as close as Screen TDs as possible. Lots of things have happened in the way from there to here, but I can finally see the light at the end of the night. And it feels good!

It is not only about SWAT, for me it is about following so many others that have worked and inspired me into doing this... Starting with Mike H, Rolf, all the SWAT troopers and so many others... to the very 3 new Deployed TDs that joined the rank today, to every TD in the MEPD! It rocks beeing a Sandtrooper.

I still need to upgrade my radar dish... and as far as I can see, that was all what was required by Rolf and Dirty Boy. Lets see what they (and others) have to say about all this mods.

We will meet soon in the SWAT Team room bro. Drink some beers with the guys and get some new SWAT merchandise!

Saludos.

I would say it's a very big achievent bro!

I wouldn't have got this far without Sir Dave!

Shame I didn't have any spare funds for 7 months to finish the project & haven't had any free time lately to work on it together.

We need some 76 merchandise too ;)

Now let's get you deployed!!

Saludos :)

Thx Rick.

Radio "mods" are done too.

Here is how it was.

Posted Image

Now, here is a picture of the radio in the new positioning.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pay no attention to the scraps on the syphon. It was damaged during trooping but will paint it black again for my final photo shooting.

What do you think.

Saludos.