Road to SWAT.

SID

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ad another hole on top .

AA. gives 3 screws on the side to connect to the mask with a bucket, but in this type of helmet assembling on more screws is for nothing. Bucket fall down on the mask when you adjust the ears. I don't know maybe hot gluing the sides give something whit this problem.

Humbrol Paints Model exactly as Daniel wrote:

Glossy series

5 DARK ADMIRAL GREY - all details

21 GLOSS BLACK - chin, outlines, ears rank

14 FRENCH BLUE - strips

22 GLOSS WHITE - If you paint the screws

Satin series

85 Coal Black -Hovi Mix Tips

Aloha SID...

but sry mate...it looks like that you haven't the color stirred well. The gray looks too bright. And why do you not finish first the detail painting and then make the weathering?...I mean, the weathering is also over the detail painting.

Nicely done, and yes, does appear light, but also usually dries darker. Also. Yeah, agree, you'll have to weather the details.

It is AWESOME though! Keep up the great work.

I have a Scootch helmet, that I am going to have to do this way.

Thanks brothers for good advice.

I have a question whether shoulder belt can be made ​​of thick canvas and rubber.

The hole for ease in assembly under the brow is a trick I also used for my RS helmet. If you look at the real move along lid on starwars helmets it was assembled with a low brow then somehow raised and held up for the extra high brow.

I chose to put a small screw under the brow trim that holds it up in a more secure fashion than tape or glue, and its unseen so I was happy with it.

I wanted to assemble it like the real one as opposed to assemble it with a high brow.

Looks good so far SID. Lots of work in this one!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...