Ammo pouch on belt?

I have two MP 40 Norweigen pouches. One goes on the shoulder and one goes on the belt. My question is how do you attach the one on the belt line? There are two straps on the back at a slant. Mike said to cut one and make it verical. The problem with that is that there is two rivets on each end of the two straps. Is there another way? Could you take pics? I need your guys help, for, hopefully, the last time. Thanks.

i used the pre existing straps from my drop boxes, removed the drop boxes, and fed the strap thru the slants at the back and stapled the two together. it hangs sorta at an angle, but so does the shoulder one, and i wanted to have it kinda hang down a little bit and be able to swing a little if i was bending over or moving around.

• 3 months later...

Heres my setup again.

Removed the old rivets and did new ones, reused the straps as well. Went with a button and snap arrangement.

How do you remove the old rivets? Where can you purchase new rivets?

you don´t need to use rivets...

you can also screw the new leather strips onto the pouch!

i don´t have a picture of it, but i screwed my straps on the pouch with nuts on the inside of the pouch...

just remember to cover the screwheads to make sure your armor will not get any scratches...

Heres my setup again.

Removed the old rivets and did new ones, reused the straps as well. Went with a button and snap arrangement.

How do you remove the old rivets? Where can you purchase new rivets?

tandy leather