Best Armor Kit

stuntmanmike

TE2 is based off the ROTJ tour suit molds, slightly modified, with helmet parts from 2 screen used helmets.

The TM armor is sculpted from scratch, and while it does not have any screen lineage - it's incredibly well detailed and accurate to ANH.

There's been lots of issues with TE and consistency in customer service. I would read some of the threads on FISD before diving into a purchase.

I am a BIG fan and proud owner of TE2. So I can advice you to go that way.

TM is also an amazing armor and much more ANH accurate in many ways...

I would say, think about the material, and accuracy, and then decide.

Me, I would be super happy to own both kits. Someday I will!

With either kit you cant go wrong.

I would advice you to inform yourself about TE armor and deals before buying, specially if buying directly from him.

Saludos.

So another question I have is that I have a TE helmet,ROTJ style painted as ANH, will that work?

Sure.

The main differences are the wonkiness of the ROTJ, but it's a good helmet — I've seen your helmet.

Question about TE and TE2 helmets, it looks like the opening on the TE2 helmets are a little bigger than the TE helemt. I have a little bigger head and my TE helmet is real tight getting it off and on so thats why I'm asking.

Thank guys

James

Question about TE and TE2 helmets, it looks like the opening on the TE2 helmets are a little bigger than the TE helemt. I have a little bigger head and my TE helmet is real tight getting it off and on so thats why I'm asking.

Thank guys

James

It's all how you assemble it.

It's all how you assemble it.

Yep, normally, a higher brow will mean a smaller hole to put your head in the bucket. A lower brow will make it wider.

Either way, you will need to put your helmet on by turning it sideways.

Even Luke does it when rescuing Leia from the Detention Block.

:)

Saludos.

Another thing to consider is, how soon do you want your armor. TM is a very busy person and it can take a while to get a set of TM. ( You have to get on a list) TE2 may be a little easier to get a set. But I believe he too has a list. One thing is for sure either is the best when it comes to quality and screen acurate armor. Good luck and you can't go wrong with your choice between the two.

TM is hyper accurate to ANH details, but costs typically twice is much as the next cheapest armor and can be hard to get ahold of. Also, while the UK guys swear by it, I've heard three times from people outside the UK about brittle suits and cracking issues.

TE2, AP, ATA, T/MC while similar are not identical. TE2 & ATA are HIPS, T/MC & AP are ABS. Also, some of the detailing is different between the suits in terms of sharpness or straight out parts. However these will take a keener eye to discern than say the differences between AM & TE2 for instance.

AM & RT are fan sculpts that are ABS and designed to be easily put together, but some people don't like some of the details, e.g. AM's chest is pretty unique and RT's ab plate detail is not entirely accurate. Still, it's really up to the individual to discern what's best for them.

And...regardless of what a person gets...whatever is *best* today will not be next year. One thing for certain, accuracy goes up and prices go down as time goes on.

So - get what you feel is best for you and don't sweat it - it's all for fun :)

Do most of the makers of armor allow you to buy the helmet separate? And which helmet is the best one for someone with a big ole' bowling ball head like me? :D

JB

Congrats for asking a question that not a lot of people (to my knowledge) ask! B)

Yes, they do let you do the helmet separately.

And helmet size is totally about assembly as much as anything. Basically you're going to want to make your brow as low as it can go, thus making the neck opening as big as it can me.

There are helmets out there that are "larger" on the inside, but I don't think you'll have any problems at all with a TE2, or AP, or TM correctly sized helmet.

I have not a "small" head — not large either — but can fit my microphone box inside my helmet next to my ear... and it's not a small microphone box. :P

Great info- thanks Nol! Now then... to find that briefcase full of cash and get started!

I saw one one the highway on my way home from work. Of course it had Darth Vader in handcuffs face down on the ground next to it but with a little bit of kuck you might be able to grab it :)

I have two favorite ones:

TM and TE2.

After them i guess a AP kit.

(if you can get a Gino and TE suit, they are together whit the TM and TE2 as on top of my list)

Keep trooping ;)

Do most of the makers of armor allow you to buy the helmet separate? And which helmet is the best one for someone with a big ole' bowling ball head like me? :D

JB

I have the same problem, I have a TE helmet based on the "Move along" trooper so it's a little rough getting it on and off.

I have the same problem, I have a TE helmet based on the "Move along" trooper so it's a little rough getting it on and off.

Yeah, but once it's on you look totally bad to the bone! B)