Need some advice

stuntmanmike

I need to bring up a touchy subject. Around the end of August I purchased something from someone and have still not recieved it. I had been told on 3 different accounts the items would be shipping, still nothing. I have recently sent 2 more messages over the last week and a half or so and now I am not getting replys. It says that they were on the forums lately. I know people get busy with work and life, I understand that, but when I keep getting told my items are shipping and nothing happens I start getting a little annoyed. I too have a full schedule with work and family, but when I tell someone their product is shipping, it's shipping. So if someone could please help me out I would appreciate it, I really want to avoid making a (Buyer Beware) thread. Please do not ask for their user name, ID etc as I will not display it on the forum. Mods I will be more than happy to answer those questions in a PM/Email.

Thanks

James

James, a very frustrating thing for sure. I recently went through something similar that has now worked itself out. You are right, life does get in the way. Do you have a phone number for the seller?

No I don't have a phone number. I was able to trace it back to the date of purchase, Aug 25th so its been a couple days shy of a month and a half.

James,sorry about your situation.It bugs me when people take others money then suddenly have all these "issues" and can't send stuff that was paid for with somebodies cash.That is bull and I hope it works out for you.

Sorry to hear this James.

I have seen many times stuff like this happen, luckily, not to me yet.

But I can feel your anger/frustration.

Life does sometimes gets in the way of the hobby... but understanding that sometimes is not enough being a buyer.

My advice here would be, keep in touch with the seller, keep constant communication and be positive. Allow the seller to explain the situation.

I know of some sellers that went through hard times but kept in touch with their clients and explained. Sometimes money was sent back, sometimes the buyer waited a little more and got their stuff. Just work out something with the seller, but be positive.

In my opinion, it is better to talk, wait and receive than to push and never get anything (money or product). This, as long as the seller is keeping you updated with the situation. If that is the case, you are safe-ish.

If you suddenly get no news, no money and no product... well, thats something different.

Did you send the money via Paypal?

That is a great help if you want your money back.

But even then, try to work something out with the seller.

Hope everything works out for you bro.

Saludos

PS. Sorry for the long post, but we just came out from a similar situation that became almost apocalyptic back in my garrison.

Man... I'm so sorry to hear about stuff like this.

I will say that there have been times when I've preemptively messaged someone 'it's shipped' and then ended up not getting it shipped that day... thinking, "Oh well, that's okay, I'll do it tomorrow..." then in a week thinking, "Darn it... I need to ship that or message them back." Then when THEY message ME I feel like a heal and say, "It's shipping tomorrow!" with that full intention and then the cycle repeats.

Of course I've learned to stop doing that... but it has happened to me; so there's the "benefit of the doubt" for that side of it.

Like has been suggested though, keep in touch with them. Let them explain. And if it turns into an obvious excuse-fest where all you get is replies telling you that it's shipping, or why it didn't ship, then get your money back.

If you want anymore more "personal" you can PM me or Juan or Rick or any of the command staff and we'll let you know if we know something.

I just hope you get the big brown box soon and all of this can evaporate.

Sorry to hear about this James. Unforunately I see this sort of thing happening more and more on forums, although I don't think I've ever heard of it happening on MEPD though.

I hope you manage to get it all sorted but if not ask the mods to see if there is anything they can do.

Smally.

Same thing happened to me. Paid for something for my garrison as a group order but never receive it. If it is just for myself, I can just close one eye and blame my bad luck but since this is for my garrison I have to answer to all of them!

So recently after waiting for months with 0 replies from the seller I have decided to drop his CO an e-mail. Still following up. :huh:

its no fun waiting for stuff....i know we are all like little kids when it comes to our toys...i want it now!!! lol but 6 weeks with no response is way too long to wait. im assuming its just an oversight and should be resolved soon, but if its not maybe taking additional action would be in order.

Have you tried contact via Facebook?

Well sent another message in hopes to get a reply, don't think I'm going to though since I've sent two recently with no response. The thing is it shows he was on the boards this morning, so I'm not sure why he won't answer. For the most part I think we have a fairly good honor system here in the Legion and as sellers and buyers we should strive to keep it that way. For something as small as I ordered it should not take almost two months to get.

Too bad bro...

I suggest you to PM Rick (or anyone of the command staff if you rather) if you have not done it yet. As our XO he can try and help you out with this issues. At least trying to contact the seller and ask for a reason for the delay. Right Rick? ;)

Hopefully this gets solved soon.

Saludos.

Correct Juan :)

I have put a message out to the person involved. If ou could keep me in the loop on any additional information tht becomes available I would appreciate it.

I'm confident this can be resolved amicably. :)

Thanks for all the help guys and like I said I just like really good communication. There are however things that come up in life you have no control over, like family emergencies and things of that nature. For example if there is a death or something in the family by all means don't worry about trying to get a peice of plastic mailed, its not that important. I do hope that everything is ok with the seller and nothing bad has happened.

I am publicly stating here that it is me James is waiting on. I have contacted him,and hopefully resolved the issue. I have been very busy with redoing all the Vader helmets that warped over the summer that were ordered, plus, work has been very busy in Sept with back to school. I work 6 days a week 14hr days in Sept. I also have a few other personal things going on. The mic tips were shipped last week. Though i think they would be there by now. I told James if he doesn't see them by Monday,let me know as i have another couple of sets ready to go. I have also refunded his money, and am now giving him the mic tips as a gift.

Everyone knows me here, and knows i am a good seller. Heck ive even given people mic tips for free. But no one is perfect and we all make mistakes and get caught up with things. So i hope this resolves the issue. Ive just been beaten down with so much stuff lately things sometimes fall between the cracks. Thats why it took so long in the first place. I was in contact with James most of the time, i just missed the last 2 messages. I was on this morning before i left for work so i couldnt answer right then or i would have been late. I got home from work to find this thread, so i just wanted to make it right,publicly.

Sorry about the hassle James

I am publicly stating here that it is me James is waiting on. I have contacted him,and hopefully resolved the issue. I have been very busy with redoing all the Vader helmets that warped over the summer that were ordered, plus, work has been very busy in Sept with back to school. I work 6 days a week 14hr days in Sept. I also have a few other personal things going on. The mic tips were shipped last week. Though i think they would be there by now. I told James if he doesn't see them by Monday,let me know as i have another couple of sets ready to go. I have also refunded his money, and am now giving him the mic tips as a gift.

Everyone knows me here, and knows i am a good seller. Heck ive even given people mic tips for free. But no one is perfect and we all make mistakes and get caught up with things. So i hope this resolves the issue. Ive just been beaten down with so much stuff lately things sometimes fall between the cracks. Thats why it took so long in the first place. I was in contact with James most of the time, i just missed the last 2 messages. I was on this morning before i left for work so i couldnt answer right then or i would have been late. I got home from work to find this thread, so i just wanted to make it right,publicly.

Sorry about the hassle James

I too apologize, I have been burned before so I think it makes me paranoid sometimes...sorry about that. And yes everything is fine. I am still new to the MEPD so it was partly my ignorance as I still don't know who all makes what on here as far as product. As I put in your PM please don't refund me, I will send it back, though that was a very nice business gesture. I would also like to say coming out on the boards and saying it was you was very admirable and I respect that and has givin me confidence that this is resolved. I hope this will not ruin my chances as being a return customer in the future.

Thank you

James

James, you are always welcome to be a repeat customer. :) And please accept the mic tips as a gift my brother. you did wait too long.

Well then all I can say is thank you very much and next time I do a run of binders I'll send you a pair on the house ;) Unless you make or already have some, either way I'll send you a pair.

Thanks again!

Man... I go troop for 24 hours and everything gets fixed up. B)

Nicely handled Lou... and James!

Wow.

Can I beam with pride about how well we communicate here?

I seriously read threads like this and then stand a little taller when I suit up dirty!

Man... I go troop for 24 hours and everything gets fixed up. B)

Nicely handled Lou... and James!

Wow.

Can I beam with pride about how well we communicate here?

I seriously read threads like this and then stand a little taller when I suit up dirty!

Absolutely.....no better place :)

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to share with everyone that I got my mic tips and they look awesome! Apparently they had gotten lost in the mail so he mailed a new set, had them in like 4 or 5 days. Everything turned out great and again, Lou sorry for jumping the gun on this and would absolutly by from you again ;) Here is a pic with the new tips installed.

Posted Image