HyperfirmX Electrobinoc Run In Progress. For Sale Section

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL. Do you have one of those that we can borrow?

lol no, i wish i had half the tupperware stuff she had. could have made about 6 backpacks with it I am sure lol

but if you guys make your binocs able to store cookies... i might want one lol

Well, as far as molding a real Simrad...

1. All the Simrads that we have here at work are functional and they didn't want me to possibly destroy any in the molding process.

2. If I bought a real one, I would have to recoup the costs of the real one on top of the molding and manufacturing which would take forever.

3. They are very hard to find. I found only two after a few months of searching. One was in good condition but I didn't care for the seller's attitude.

Size for size, this is exactly the same. We have the real one here that we were able to pull molds of simple parts off of. We bought the V8 engine model kit. I doubt you will be able to tell in the end.

We are very critical of quality.

I would say that the only difference would be the shipping costs. I haven't cast one of these yet so I'm not sure what the difficulties are in casting. Rubber is quite a bit thicker than resin. It doesn't like to go into details by itself. You have to force it to go. If I were making these out of resin, it would be a piece of cake.

I would say that the shipping to AK and HI might be a few dollars more. I really have no idea other than and educated guess though.

• 2 weeks later...