Frame

TD5422

Filled it with sand (no man grease) and used a little heat. Larry's ended up with a sharper "kink" in it. Some of the sand fell out of his. I would have liked mine a little sharper, but I didn't want to get too greedy.

Mike we can do it whenever you have time.

See what you started Phil

Did your frame come with two canvas straps that ran across the body? I have a frame that looks similar that I've already painted and bent. Just waiting on my boxes and the time to pimp slap that bad boy together. Although in hinde sight I should've cut the tops off the side framing and took off the canvas straps before I painted but...oh well. I find that I tend to do things bass ackwards at times.

I have another frame that looks the same, I'll get a picture.

This frame had padded straps, the top stuck up another 5 inches or so on each side, and I added the skinny bar on the bottom, to attach the box to. those holes were from the mounting screws for the straps.

I will bring it tonight.

Filled it with sand (no man grease) and used a little heat. Larry's ended up with a sharper "kink" in it. Some of the sand fell out of his. I would have liked mine a little sharper, but I didn't want to get too greedy.

Mike we can do it whenever you have time.

See what you started Phil

HAHAHAHA!

Hey Mike, we could probably do it quick on Saturday, if Larry can't do monday

On the way back from the Eastern Shore gig? Sure... Tracy and Glenn will be with me, but we can do it.

Glenn, maybe bring yours on Saturday so we can take a look at it.

And yes, you should've stripped the frame of all the canvas junk before painting it.

Heres the frame i am using,Its a Highcountry backpack frame.the top half will have to be cut off to get it down to the rite size,but i think the bends in it are very close.also the top cross bar is adjustable which will help to get the over all length close for the box placement. Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

I'll check with Larry, and he's only 10 minutes up the road from you.

Lucky you.

Maby ill should move to wasington d.c and join up the social unit.

Second thought, ill can live every were in eroupe.

But in the us, ill have to get a green card first ex. Damm...

Have a nice time old line garrison.

Hey guys,

I have a suggestiong for bending the Boy-scouts backpack frame smoothly. If you can get a very Thick PVC pipe 3" or 4" - a Wood Dowl around that thickness - you place it in the center of the backpack frame - across from right to left side. The top half of the frame will will have to secure to the table that it is lying on. If done on a work bench you could secure it down by nailing 2"X 4" across the metal fame tubes to hold it in place and secure. The Dowl or Thick PVC Tube across the center (below the frame) represents where the frame will bend and rap around the tube. At this point it will look like a Teeter Totter on you work bench - one end secured down and the other up in the air - with the Dowl or Thick PVC tube below the frame in the center spanning across from right to left. On the opposite side you can either try to force it down by hand slowly or secure a piece of wood on that end and hammer it down to make the bend. The Size of the Thick PVC tube or Wood Dowl represents the size of what the bend will be - Example 3" very Thick PVC Tube will make a 3 inch bend - so when you are finished the top and the bottom of the frame will be touching the table flat and the center would be 3 Inches up in the air making a somewhat pyrimid shape (for a lack of a better explanation).

Thanks,

Jack Vartuli

RedFox@optonline.net

Hello guys!

I'm new, and not even in mepd YET, but couldn't you use brass waterline- say 3/4 inch to make the frame? You could then solder-sweat the lines together, and that pipe would bend easy with a lil' heat from a propane torch. I looked at all this stuff at Lowe's last night. Any thoughts??

TK6421

Dallas

Yeah, you are nutz - take that crazy talk somewhere else hoser. Actually that is not a bad idea. Wished you had mentioned it before I dropped $40 buck on a BS frame and carved it up!!!