TDs without a backpack?

clown3y

Hey guys!

As i went further with my research about Stormtroopers, i actually found myself liking TDs alot more than TKs in the last weeks. I just don't like the idea of imperial soldiers looking overly polished and sterile. A true soldier (or policeman) of the Galactic Empire should show the scufs and the dirt he has on his armor, right? :D

But even though i do like Sandtroopers, i don't really like the backpack. I understand that it simply belongs to a Sandtrooper but i don't find them to be appealing. I can't even really tell why.

Is it generally acceptable not to wear the backpack? Is the subject to change anytime soon?

Also, would my build be OK? (RS Prop Masters TD armour and helmet, two small pouches on the sides of my belt, a white pauldron and a rather black weathering)

Thanks in advance!

For basic 501st approval you don't have to have a pack. For PO deployment you do and then the trooper without the pack is something you can choose to do for SWAT. If you're going to get a pack for deployment, you might as well use it for SWAT though.

I was recently approved and I don't have a pack. I've been too many troops now without it. For basic approval it's not necessary.

I'm on the opposite side of you and I love the pack look. I'm researching them at the moment and hope to start making mine soon.

What I would suggest is looking through the CRL and find what you need for basic approval. If that is what you like then build away!

I personally cant imagine kitting up without my pack. IT makes me feel nekkid! May as well stay shiny :)

But as was said before, it is a choice. You don't have to like them like we do :)

Baron

• 1 month later...

The more is see the Cantina Captain the more i wanna do that instead of the Tuck and Roll Captain. My issue is i have a very nice Blaster 8266 T21 and wont be able to use it with the Cantina build.

Having said that i would be willing to trade it for a new Hyperfirm DLT-19 :yes:

Pack look is growing on me fast...

Do it!!! Packs are awesome bro. They really create the look of the sandtrooper.

I need one for sure but a little later. The exchange is just insane to get that stuff up here so im holding off until it becomes reasonable.. 350 usd is close to 500 cdn right now..