TK's being able to wear pauldrons being considered by legion

acerhater

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of curiosity, would an AP suit suffice as an ESB? I'm assuming you just replace the hand plates with the clam styled ones and the helmet details.

Yup, armor was the same from ANH to ESB, save for the hands and paint scheme and holster position.

Don't forget the eyes as well, they cut more plastic away so the actors could see better.

It passed already. They are included under the TD designation as "Heavy Weapons Troopers". The costume has always been covered under the Spec Ops detachment, but the Legion saw fit to try and pacify everyone by not calling it a Stormtrooper or Sandtrooper. It is basically a Sandtrooper with no weathering or armor mods, or a Stormtrooper with all the fixin's. Whichever suits your tastes. Of course, for non-canon events or cons, you can still do whatever your heart desires.

Seth,

Actually according to members of the LMO staff it does have to have all the armor mods. One of my garrison mates was told three times that he had to fix his armor. First the ab piece was wrong(he had the sandtrooper piece on) and was told it had to be the sandtrooper plate. He took a close up pic of it. Was told that was wrong had to be TK plate. Disconnected ab plate put TK plate on took pictures. Thats okay, but then went through the same thing with the knee plate. Would be really nice if since MEPD is getting stuck with the HWT if we actually came up with some standards instead of just deriding them. That being said I still think it belongs with the Spec Ops det(btw am a member with my TX there as well as being MEPD deployed) but if we are going to have ownership then I personally feel we should take possesion of it and treat it just like we do the Sandtroopers. Anyone want to come up with a set of requirments? If not I am happy to come up with them, though I do not have nor do I plan to have a HWT costume.

CJ

It passed already. They are included under the TD designation as "Heavy Weapons Troopers". The costume has always been covered under the Spec Ops detachment, but the Legion saw fit to try and pacify everyone by not calling it a Stormtrooper or Sandtrooper. It is basically a Sandtrooper with no weathering or armor mods, or a Stormtrooper with all the fixin's. Whichever suits your tastes. Of course, for non-canon events or cons, you can still do whatever your heart desires.

Forgive me for missing this main point in this thread!

What were the powers-that-be thinking when they did this? Who's taking responsibility for THIS decision? What the **** are "Heavy Weapons Troopers" doing under the the TD designation? What was the justification for this?

Seth please point me in the right direction...I gotta say something to somebody!

T

Address your grievance to the Legion Council, it appeared in the CRL about 6 months ago with no fanfare, along with a bunch of other changes/additions. It seems like the attempt was to legitimize the "clean sandtrooper" without calling it a "sandtrooper". Better than nothing I guess.

Cjfive, I'm confused by your post. Are you saying that the HWT has to have the standard sandtrooper armor mods, or that it is just like stormtrooper armor? I read it as being same as a stormtrooper, just with backpack/pauldron/pouches/BFG. All the reference HWTroopers I've ever seen have button-ab plates and stormtrooper knees.

On the subject of "ownership" the Heavy Weapons Trooper has been covered by Spec Ops since before it was recognized by the Legion, and will remain there. Kevin and I spoke about this, and both of us thought that sticking it under the "TD" designation was stupid. Also, on a related subject; per Thomas S. no detachment will have to take on any costume it doesn't want to cover.

Seth,

Sorry I wasn't clear, but I don't really know. My GML got conflicting requests/demands for my buddies armor. His first submited pictures where in full MEPD required TD mods. The LMO said he had the wrong ab piece on. He had to have the TD ab. My friend again took close up pictures of his TD ab. Then was told it had to be the TK ab. Took pictures of that. Went through the same thing with the knee. It seemed that there hasn't been an official ruling on what the requirements of the HWT are as far as armor and rather then just accepting the costume Thomas was trying to get him to just cancel his submission. Interesting enough, no one complained about his belt boxes...well except for me.

CJ

A HWT sounds like a SE sandtrooper except that the SE sandies don't have BFGs in the film.

Okay, I got it now. From what I understood (although there is nothing in black and white anywhere to reference) HWT was just standard stromtrooper with pack/pauldron/pouches/BFG and that the pre-Elstree armor differences would only apply to sandtroopers.

How i se santroopers....

Well they are troopers in full battlegear.

As far as the palderon goes...

I agree that these should stick to the Sandtroopers.

Now with the availibitly of getting these conversions kits it should be no problem for a person to take these meassures to wear a palderon.

But i have worn my palderon without having the correct plate but that is because i have not come over a good plate yet. I weatherd my suit, i worn the other accessories.

Thomas was trying to get him to just cancel his submission. Interesting enough, no one complained about his belt boxes...well except for me.

CJ

Well if you look at the movie out in the dunes you will se that some of the troopers actually wear the plates on the legs.

I reffer to following photo.

Posted Image

As you se the trooper has the square plates hanging down.