PLEASE READ

DirtyBoy

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya it's just goin to be a little more difficult. I have an idea though. We can print stickers that say "official rubies armor" and put on anything we ship :D

Please add made in Naples :P

Ya it's just goin to be a little more difficult. I have an idea though. We can print stickers that say "official rubies armor" and put on anything we ship :D

Hahaha, that would work.

I call BS

#1 Its illegal to destroy anything that is shipped to a person that does not violate import laws.

#2 Disney or anyone else for that matter, does not influence the postal service in any way.

#3 If you send something to someone as a declared "gift" you are not violating copyright laws because you DIDNT SELL IT. - AND if you send it as merchandise then the person receiving it will get nailed with import fee's. So most people declare items as GIFTS to avoid the fee's anyway..

This is a vicious rumor. I ship "stuff" all over the world every day that has to be declared. I have not had ANYTHING like this happen. If it did I would more likely assume that the person was trying to steal from me than Disney "cracking down". Occasionally someone will say they did not receive the package. When that happens its either running late, totally missing, or stuck in customs for whatever reason....or the person is lying to me to get a refund or another item. (it happens).

You guys dont really think that Disney has that great of a pull do you? Its not like armorers are sending drugs or something. Its a costume! Like halloween!! Seriously this is silly....

I demand to see one ounce of proof.

"I call BS

#1 Its illegal to destroy anything that is shipped to a person that does not violate import laws.

#2 Disney or anyone else for that matter, does not influence the postal service in any way.

#3 If you send something to someone as a declared "gift" you are not violating copyright laws because you DIDNT SELL IT. - AND if you send it as merchandise then the person receiving it will get nailed with import fee's. So most people declare items as GIFTS to avoid the fee's anyway..

This is a vicious rumor. I ship "stuff" all over the world every day that has to be declared. I have not had ANYTHING like this happen. If it did I would more likely assume that the person was trying to steal from me than Disney "cracking down". Occasionally someone will say they did not receive the package. When that happens its either running late, totally missing, or stuck in customs for whatever reason....or the person is lying to me to get a refund or another item. (it happens).

You guys dont really think that Disney has that great of a pull do you? Its not like armorers are sending drugs or something. Its a costume! Like halloween!! Seriously this is silly....

I demand to see one ounce of proof."

i totally agree with you mike, this does not add up at all, something really fishy about it.

I call BS

I demand to see one ounce of proof.

Mike,

Totally agree with everything you say here mate. I saw this rumour mused on the UK Garrison forums and smelt BS then. Im not having a pop at anyone posting the news it is good that the community looks out for each other, however I agree that I cannot see any way in which Disney has any influence over customs in any country, and they cannot start opening boxes looking for "illegal" stormtrooper armour. It is far more likely that they have impounded the shipment for some other reason, maybe it being labelled incorrectly or not enough tax paid etc. and the rumours have spread from there.

Nick

Because it seems to just be Germany has anyone considered it might be a "stormtrooper" thing or as mike said maybe someone trying to say they never got for recast purposes?

If Disney will move a step it will be on websites an items sold on them.

For whoever is in this business I would suggest that in the worst case scenario you can change the name of the item sold

eg: sandtrooper orange pauldron in just orange pauldron without break any laws. :whistling:

BS or not, in the meantime a few people lost their money.

But I must also say that it were shipments from Studio Creations, at least that's what I have heard...and they don't label their shipments as gifts, as other armor makers do.

My 2 cents that's the problem..

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I would let you know that my armor arrived safley in Australia from America on Tuesday. And i must admit it was a huge relief after reading this 2 weeks ago.

Andrew.

I send stuff to Germany all the time (and most other countries) and nothing has been destroyed or held in customs for whatever reason. I do not know the whole story here so I will not add fuel to the fire, but what I do know is that all my shipments reach their destinations whether it be Germany, USA, wherever....