I tried to Retire from TDH & was banned

slave1pilot

gotta see it to believe it

Hey guys, i'm not retiring from the hobby, just retiring from this forum.

Due to recent incidents ( http://thedentedhelmet.com/forums/showt ... hp?t=10253) I'm hanging up my bucket around these parts.

***cues The national Anthem***

Having served in Combat in The US Army, I'm a big suppporter of Freedom and not so big on oppression, (especially free speech). So I can't sit idly by without opening my big trap when I see injustice.

Here's a not-so-brief rundown

I took my discussion (in PM form) to Art, um er uh "The Dent" ,

with this ;

While you infer that I'm "playing victim" for being "called out for my misdeeds". I fail to see where you come to that conclusion. However you are entitled to your opinion.

You also state "The administration has never locked or deleted a thread due to members “badmouthing” a seller. Per the Code of Conduct, if a member owes you something, make EVERY attempt to resolve the issue privately. Should all attempts at a solution fail and you feel you have no option but to make a public post, remember to be respectful. Do not to label someone as a "thief". Posting a deal-gone-bad to the board should be a last resort.

I did make every attempt to rectify this deal. I spent over a year on it. I posted my (now missing) thread "starfortress sucks" as a warning to those that might purchase from SFP. I feel that calling someone a thief, after they have taken your money & not delivered the purchased item, is justified . That's not flaming, or bashing. That's stating a fact.

Why did that thread disappear? I don't recall exactly, perhaps you could enlighten me.

also, you say;

Saying something negative does not result in PMs from the administration or the possibility of banishment, however, breaking the Code of Conduct does. If you are disrespectful, you will get a PM. If you flame someone you will get a PM. If you troll, you will get a PM. If you point out another member’s wrongdoing in a respectful way, you will NOT get a PM.

Do you actually believe that?

Surely, you can't possibly, unless you aren't aware of all the pm's being generated by your mods.

And in closing, you say;

It is rather apparent in this and previous posts made by you that you do not agree with the way this board is administrated. I have explained our position regarding this issue, but if you have other comments or suggestions, you or any other member are always welcome to PM the administration. While we may not implement every comment/suggstion, we take each one seriously. We are here to serve TDH and want to do so fairly and effectively. Your thoughts are always welcome.

What posts are those that you speak of?

While it may be true that I do not agree with everything that the mods do, I am still entitled to my opinion. The Mods do a great job in most aspects, but They are not omnipotent nor are they perfect. They , as human beings, do make mistakes, and I will voice my opinion when I feel something isn't being handled in a fair & just manner.

Thanx for your time,

~nathan

"the Dent" PM's me back with;

Nathan,

Thanks for writing. As I mentioned, it is apparent that you are not entirely satisfied with how we run things, but I am glad to see that you area at least willing to talk about it.

I apologize if you felt my “play the victim” comment was directed at you, it was not. This was a blanket statement and not directed at any particular individual.

In regard to your thread regarding SFP, I am looking into it as I was not directly involved. I will say, just by hearing the title “starfortress sucks” that it was probably pulled due to the respect clause in the code of conduct. I will get back with you on this once I have talked to the mods.

Quote:

I feel that calling someone a thief, after they have taken your money & not delivered the purchased item, is justified . That's not flaming, or bashing. That's stating a fact.

While I understand where you are coming from, this is debatable. In threads, both recent and past, using your logic, postmortem of sci-fire could be labeled a “thief.” He took money and has not delivered the purchased item or returned emails. Is John a thief? No, he isn’t. Am I saying SFP is not a thief? No, I am not. He very well may be. We simply don’t allow members to label other members as a “thief” because of issues like the one with sci-fire. It does mean some thieves may not be appropriately labeled but we are more concerned that members, like postmortem, are not labeled inappropriately, even if there are issues with their service.

Quote:

Do you actually believe that?

Surely, you can't possibly, unless you aren't aware of all the pm's being generated by your mods.

I expect the mods to follow the Code of Conduct and do not micro-manage them or approve/disapprove every step they make. If you feel any of the mods are performing their duties inappropriately, please let me know, as they, like everyone, are not above correction.

Quote:

What posts are those that you speak of? While it may be true that I do not agree with everything that the mods do, I am still entitled to my opinion. The Mods do a great job in most aspects, but They are not omnipotent nor are they perfect. They , as human beings, do make mistakes, and I will voice my opinion when I feel something isn't being handled in a fair & just manner.

Aside from this post, the posts made in the imperial commandos thread immediately come to mind. You are indeed entitled to your opinion and you are correct that the mods are human and do make mistakes from time to time. The administration has no problem with you voicing your opinion (respectfully) when you disagree but I feel that there is a resentment here that goes beyond voicing a dissenting opinion. As I said before, we can’t please everyone all the time and there are going to be times when members simply disagree with the choices we make, but we want to strive not to have members perpetually angry with us when there is something that can be done about it.

I copy & paste this PM (in entirety) and email it to John,

who contacts "the Dent"

who in turn bans me for 2 weeks for " vilifying the administration" & IIRC I was also disrespectful FPRIVATE "TYPE=PICT;ALT="

It doesn't really matter, as I'm sure this thread will also disappear.

Just wanted to let everyone know where I went & why I'm not around.

not because the Admins ran me off without even telling you dear people as to why, but because this forum has become somewhat hard to stomach withe Gestapo-like tactics employed by the self-righteous "Mods".

Following slavefive's example http://thedentedhelmet.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=11689( although he is far more gracious & kind than I am) I will thank all of those who have helped me over the years and those who are TRUE friends;

slavefive,crazy4bobafett, shortimer52,Andy,gonzofett, jack bauer, casus belli, pavespawn,dini, cruzer, shabad, Ripcode, VashDstampede,Wizardoflight,bountyshunted, dreadmel, and of course postmortem01

There are many others & i must apologize if your names have slipped my mind.

Good luck with all of your endeavors & God Bless.

& here's ascreenshot

Posted Image

It might not be malicious in nature. If someone wanted to permanently "leave" this board, I'd have two options; first would be to delete the account. Poof, that's it, they're completely gone. However, if I wanted record of their existence to remain, I'd lock their account via a ban. I'd prefer the latter, as it leaves a record. I'm not going to pretend that I know all the circumstances of the situation, but it might not have been something that was done to spite you.

From what I gather on other boards (501st, CT), TDH has a very different user base than what we have here.

While I can't imagine anyone on this board acting like some of the posts I've seen there, or that our moderators would ever let MEPD deteriorate into that kind of state, it just shows that there are many different kinds of SW fans about.

Fortunately the crowd here seems to prefer not to engage in those types of behavior patterns.

yeah, tdh has always been a little wierd and clicky. pardon the phrase but its almost like you have to give one **** of a BJ to get anyone to help ya over there getting my jango done was like pulling teeth predominately other than a few helpful folks that I had already been pals with here, at bs.net, and ctn. it shows how us legion boys stick together. at this point all the knowledge is gone for the most part, most of the links are dead. its just degenerated into an archive and a bunch od help me and wtb threads (as far as the jango section goes anyway, I don't speak for the zam or boba sections) bummer deal dude, all i can say is at least you still got choices for good boards to hang out on. I wander away from time to time and always find myself comin back here and pokin my nose back in. I like mepd more than any other detachment in the legion. I love my armor, but I like the company more