---

BOOTS

Posted Image

---

GLOVES

Posted Image

---

---

Member must currently be deployed as an MEPD Police Officer to be considered. - yes

Weathering must be appropriate to screen used armor. Too little or too much weathering will not be allowed. - yes

Pack, pauldron, and weapon combinations must match a specific trooper a seen on screen. - yes

---

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Luck Marcus!!!

A few quick things you may want to look at to speed up your process. The first is to add the "joker Grin" to the helmet and the second would be your weathering patterns. Try and get it to where it doesnt look "sprayed on" there are break points in the original that allow for the other tones to show through. You will also need to add the lab pipe to the left side of the pack.

Im sure Juan will jump in on this soon to let you know whatever else his eagle eyes pick up ....

I agree with Rick, definately work your weathering.

I had to redo mine, 3 times before it was close to correct. ;) ONLY perfection at this Step!!! :lol: No SLOUCHERS in this army MATE!!! :lol:

Well I will be watching once again. :popcorn: Best of Luck!

Yeah!

This is looking good already.

I would add to what Jay and Rick have said. The weathering looks similar but it is still not yet.

The texture and organic pattern is missing. Maybe tone down the black color a bit and allow some tan to show through it.

You could also use both Jays and Ricks deployment threads to see how the weathering should be done. Those are great examples of the desert sgt look.

Another thing you might want to check is the brown on your helmet. It looks to me that it is a bit too high.

That is for now...

I need to sit down and put some good time to your application before giving you a final review... I am at work now, and it can take me some time to get to this... sorry for that in advance. But I wanted to give you something to start working on.

Looking good, lets make it look AWESOME!

Saludos

Juan

The weathering looks better now, not sure its all done.

(good points Rick gave, dig into the areas where its looks too spray a like, and make some patterns)

keep up the good work trooper :)

Cheers, I don't think the photos or camera gives it justice. Under natural light it looks just like the shot of Davin. I think the splash across the chest is spot on. I agree there may be some areas that look superficial. I will work on them. I have looked at all the SWAT's with a similar application and no two are the same.

Cheers, I don't think the photos or camera gives it justice. Under natural light it looks just like the shot of Davin. I think the splash across the chest is spot on. I agree there may be some areas that look superficial. I will work on them. I have looked at all the SWAT's with a similar application and no two are the same.

its true they are slightly different and the camera will show the weathering differently under different lighting. maybe try moving it to outside for pics. I know when I did my weathering, i continued to go back and wash of then redo...As the SWAT program moves forward I think more consistency will develop

Tones look better in the natural light. Try and step back and really evaluate from an impartial standpoint. Look to see if all your patterns are that of the trooper you are attempting to emulate. SWAT is not like standard police officer status and with each submission the details become more clear. DF has very specific patterns and they are very hard to duplicate. Keep working it man....your on the right path