Noob Armoring

AWHthethird

Welcome to the dirty fold Howard! I would advice that you read and research a lot according on what type of armor and Sandie you would want to build and resemble.

There's tons of great knowledge and stuff that you can get here inside the MEPD, as well as fine troopers to aid and put you on the right dirty path.

I have been poking around here for 8 months. I finially pulled the trigger and ordered my armor. The best advice is to read. Read every build thread and search the boards for topics on builds, buying armor, weathering armor and such. These topics will lead you to a whole host of new topics to research. It is a long process but you will be rewarded in the end.

Good luck and feel free to ask questions.

I have been poking around here for 8 months. I finially pulled the trigger and ordered my armor. The best advice is to read. Read every build thread and search the boards for topics on builds, buying armor, weathering armor and such. These topics will lead you to a whole host of new topics to research. It is a long process but you will be rewarded in the end.

Good luck and feel free to ask questions.

Nicely done Chris, couldn't have said it better myself.

Nick

Thanks y'all! My real question is finding armor that suits me, and I'm leaning towards AP but still deciding. I'm def taking any and all input, andf Thank you for instantly jumping in the thread and making me feel welcome!

Oh and whats the difference between a police officer and a SWAT team member?

See the Costume Reference Library above, but basically "Police Officer" is a level above the standard clearance required to join the 501st legion as a Sandtrooper. Police Officer requires you to have a screen accurate backpack (or as close as possible) and several other modifications that will set you apart from the normal 501st Sandtrooper, however there are no limits to weathering, pouches, weapons etc, apart from ones that were used on screen (or as close as possible) in any combination. SWAT is a level representing the highest level of accuracy that can be achieved without going down the route of prop forgery. SWAT team members of the MEPD have picked a specific trooper as seen on screen in ANH and replicated that exact look, with backpack, pauldron, pouches and weapons in a specific combination and all the bells and whistles on their armour.

Nick