Stormtrooper Officer dress

nick.black

I was sure Ive seen this discussed before but cannot find it with search.

My question is, has it ever been discussed about the type of dress Stormtrooper officers wore. Was it black or grey uniforms?

Only reason I ask is because I thought it might be cool to have an imperial officer's dress cap for use when I'm not wearing the helmet. I might even go whole hog and create a dress uniform.

Nick

Great idea, Nick!

Our patrol over here (The 66ers), since we're TD field grunts/officers, we're all going to be sporting a set up similar to this outfit when we aren't in armor.(Field Jacket and Cap In tan, though instead of desert camo). With MEPD ID / Patrol patches and Garrison insignias

For use during Squad meetings and at events , pre-armor suit up.

Posted Image

Thanks!

I think that the black uniform will be cool for formal dress at events and the like. If you're not in armor that is.

We decided on this gear set up to be like if we were in the desert.

Plus we have a few US military in our Garrison so it's like a tribute them as well. =)

Thanks! I think the idea of a Black Uniform I think will be great for formal wear at events when a TD is out of Armor.

We decided on this set up to kind of replicate gear 'in the trenches' so to speak. Just like a forgotten grunt in the Outer Rim Territories. haha

It's also a nod and tribute to our US Military active and retired here in So Cal. We have a few in our Garrison! :td::salute:

if you are to follow SW canon, with a bit of interpretation... On board Tantive IV, Darth Vader commands a "commander" to "Send a detachment down to retrieve them" and to "See to it personally, commander".

So, if he had to see it personally, he must be one of the TDs we see... Therefore, he was using the officer uniform, and then wore the combat uniform and gear (armor).

I think the whole TK formal dress being black theory is based on this scene.

So, there you go have another reason to go black uniform.

Saludos.

I like where we are going with this discussion but I have one problem with the vader quote. He tells the officer to send a squad down. He didn't say lead or command or take a squad down.

My interpretation was he delagated that order to an officer who then told the TDs to get their butts down to theplanet and find me some droids. Meaning the officer stayed in the rear with the gear while the boots were out pounding the ground.

because my armor can be worn as a top and bottom 1/2 i was gone troop with a jacket similar to the officers as like an of duty TD if you know what i mean and to top it all of with a hip flask and some attractive lades hanging at the canteen

My understanding has always been that TK/TD officers were black, as seen in the Tantive IV. In fact they've been called stormtrooper officers before. I've always thought of them as unarmored troopers, just like in the clone wars the the clones were armor most of the time, but officer uniforms when not in combat/guard mode.

I think the reason we've never seen enlisted ranks in the OT as back then they really didn't care about such things - it wasn't part of the story and in the 70's people didn't expect rich back stories like people do now.