ebay question , Mutual agreement not mutual?

slave1pilot

I bought a GG white pauldron Sandtrooper bust #,6571487623 (along with the Orange pauldron GG bust #6571489110) from this guy using "buy it now" at 08:52 on the 11th of February.

I contacted him thru ebay at 14:38 on that same day asking him this;

I purchased this item and the White pauldron Sandtrooper from you. Your auction states that you can combine shipping, will you send me an invoice for both items combined including shipping?

~nathan

on the 15th of feb he finally sends the invoice to me.

I paypal him the money at 19:30 that night & ask him to send me tracking numbers when he ships.(I have saved the info).

I don't hear back from the guy about the tracking #, so I (thru ebay) send him this on the 22nd ;

Just wondering when these 2 items will get shipped.

~nathan

still no response so I email him (thru ebay) on the 25th of Feb ;

Just wondering when these 2 items will get shipped.

~nathan

No response from him at all.

Today I get an email saying that my paypal was refunded & another from Ebay that said;

eBay Unpaid Item Mutual Agreement: #6571487623 - Response Required

Dear slave1pilot:

We are contacting you about the following item: SANDTROOPER DELUXE MINI BUST White Pauldron Sergeant (#6571487623)

The seller, teamtoi tells us you have mutually agreed not to complete the transaction (e.g. because you returned or are returning the item for a refund or because there was a misunderstanding) and has requested a credit for their eBay fees.

So, it says that it was Unpaid, there was a misunderstanding, & that we mutually agreed.

It was paid , there wasn't any misunderstanding,& we didn't mutually agree to anything.

Now, Ebay wants me to respond.

I go to ebay to find an "ALERT" in my message box.

I read it & it's basically the same as the email.

I go to respond & it says this;

Dispute status: Your action needed.

eBay user teamtoi has told us that you have mutually agreed not to complete this transaction or that you are returning the item.

If you confirm that you have agreed not to complete the transaction or that you are returning the item , you will release the seller from any obligations they may have to you. eBay will not take any action against your account because of this.

Please note: Both you and the seller will still be able to leave feedback for each other regarding this transaction.

How would you like to respond?

I agreed not to complete this transaction and/or return the item.

*The seller will be eligible for a refund of their eBay fees.

** We have not made an agreement to cancel this transaction.

The seller will NOT be eligible for a refund of their eBay fees.

What a bunch of crap.

I want the busts, not the money. That's why I bought them

This guy never even discussed this with me at all, so I don't know what problems he has on his end & frankly don't care.

What are my options/ wht would you do?

ebay has definitely been sketching me out more and more recently.

No kidding.

It's starting to become a place for laundering and scamming money. Problem is, so many people with valid accounts are falling for phishing tactics, and giving up their ebay info to criminals. It's becoming more rampant than virus attacks (for Windows users at least).

Log in and let ebay know that you did not mutually agree to this. I don't know why as a seller he hasn't contacted you but I have had to go through the non-paying bidders problems in the past. While good buyers do get scammed by the occasional bad sellers there are 100x as many dead beat buyers out there.

-Bill

Mike,

Are you saying that Nathan might have been a victim? I've been getting a similar email messages concerning a mutual agreement for auctions I've never been a part of...interesting.

I can't comment on this particular scenario, but here's a screenshot of a ebay hoax email I got last week. It's pretending to be someone very ticked off at me for nothing I sold. To most people, they'll get an email like this, click the link, login and BAM... you're done. They got your ebay user name and password and you might as well kiss your ebay account and your reputation good-bye! It's known as phishing and people are falling for it every day.

Posted Image

Mike,

Are you saying that Nathan might have been a victim? I've been getting a similar email messages concerning a mutual agreement for auctions I've never been a part of...interesting.

I got the same email Guns. I emailed the "seller" and he told me it was a scam. I then sent the info to Ebay, and have heard nothing from them.

That's why you never follow links in emails. If you get a complaint like this from ebay, log in from your history, bookmarks/favorites, or by typing in http://ebay.com. Never click the link and log in.

Always check the URL bar too, to make sure that it says ebay.com. if it has a straight IP address in in change your password ASAP because you most likely logged into a fish scam.

I went thru Ebay.

They have sent me an "Alert" on "my Ebay"

& I'm not a deadbeat buyer

The guys a clown.

I sent him an email asking what the deal was & why he never spoke to me about the auction until after he refunded my money.

he responds with

Like I said, I’m really sorry about that. I have been out of town and had all of my ebay business caught up when I left. I am back now and processing my orders. I did not realize that I still had these busts up for sale. I’m very very sorry. I have refunded you. My apologies. Please forgive my error.

to which I reply;

First of all, you didn't say.

I've not heard from you at all.

How can you say "I did not realize that I still had these busts up for sale" when you sent me an invoice for them 4 days AFTER I bought them?

Then, you say we mutually agreed to resolve this with a refund, when you never spoke with me?

I'm very upset about this, more than not receiving items that I paid for.

that was saturday, he hasn't responded yet.

I don't think he will.

What a *******.

I didn't mean to insinuate that you were a deadbeat buyer I was just saying that it's hard to tell as an ebay seller.

This guy does seem like he is probably a dead beat seller though. I'd say take the money you got back and bid on another. If he has left you feed back then leave him negitive. Otherwise your just taking years off your life for the stress of some other idiot.

And don't accept the mutual thing. stick him with the ebay charges.

Speaking of phishing, how exactly do you report it to ebay or to an agency? Do you just provide the email address and the supposed user name? Are you supposed to forward the email you got? I've never actually found out what steps you are supposed to take other than not clicking on the links.

I've had to change my checking account because someone got access to it. Luckily only $200 was only used but still, sucked like ****.

But anyway, that does raise a flag if you're getting a notice that you "mutally agreed" when you know in fact you never had communication like that. IMO.

Guys,

Always check out the "full headers" option (easily found in Yahoo, MSN, Outlook)... If the agency sending the email to your provider doesn't match EBAY's email systems... Then odds are the mail is a hoax... PM me if you need something more specific....

Funny this thread is here. I just won black biker scout armor off of ebay, paid by way of paypal and the guy has yet to claim the payment or answer one darn email!!!! I am sooooooo mad!!!!! Then paypal tells me I have to wait a month for them to refund me the unclaimed payment because it cannot be canceled by anyone but the seller, the same one that won't answer his emails!!!! At least it's not as bad as yours but it still burns me!!! I was looking forward to working on it!!What is it with some Ebay sellers? You'd think they would like to keep selling on Ebay. Anyone out there know where I can get black abs scout armor for a good price LOL

Good luck with that, and take a few shots of whiskey maybe that will make your headache go away LOL

Katt

Funny this thread is here. I just won black biker scout armor off of ebay...

Katt

What, what, what???

Katt, say it ain't so!! Please tell me that this isn't true!!! It's gotta be a lie!! You going over to the TB side???? Oh nooooooo!

Sorry to hear about the eBay trouble...

I sold my resin blaster up on Ebay recently. I think. It's been three days since I sent an invoice and I've heard nothing. What's up with that? I sold like 8 other items the same day, all paid w/in 24 hours.

At what point does the guy abandon the item? Yeah, I'd be torqued too if I were in your shoes. Guess not everyone is accountable.

What, what, what???

Katt, say it ain't so!! Please tell me that this isn't true!!! It's gotta be a lie!! You going over to the TB side???? Oh nooooooo!

Sorry to hear about the eBay trouble...

Don't worry only as a secondary costume. I will still wear and keep my TD armor.

Silly guy

Katt

Speaking of phishing, how exactly do you report it to ebay or to an agency? Do you just provide the email address and the supposed user name? Are you supposed to forward the email you got? I've never actually found out what steps you are supposed to take other than not clicking on the links.

You have to forward the mails to spoof@ebay.com for eBay and spoof@paypal.com for PayPal

Hope that helps.

.: slave1pilot :. I would take the refund, give him neutral feedback and then buy from someone more reliable. Don't let him get the eBay listing fees back...

.: td8020 :. You can always file a "non-paying bidder" claim. Then you will get your eBay listing fees back.

Well,

I went thru ebay, did the dispute thing.

He does not get his listing fees back.

I also left NEGATIVE feedback, not neutral.

What he did was crap & I called him on it.

It won't make much difference, he has 4942 positives.

But now he's got 4 neg in the last month.

Yes, i realize that he can also leave me negative.

I don't care. It's just an ebay account.

Most of the people that buy from me are 501st people anyway. so They know I'm alright.

If it becomes a problem, I'll just start a new Ebay account. No biggie.

.: td8020 :. You can always file a "non-paying bidder" claim. Then you will get your eBay listing fees back.

Thanks. That will be my last option. Right now he said he'd pay me for the relist, but hasn't. I'll give him one more day, then take matters to the next level.

What's worse is he's a 501st - I know his TKID. I'd rather not leave him neg feedback, but I feel he's giving me no option.

Thanks. That will be my last option. Right now he said he'd pay me for the relist, but hasn't. I'll give him one more day, then take matters to the next level.

What's worse is he's a 501st - I know his TKID. I'd rather not leave him neg feedback, but I feel he's giving me no option.

Well, when filing a non-paying bidder claim you can mutually agree to end the transaction - he goes free and you get your fees back. There are NO relisting fees... only if the item doesn't sell the second time, so he is basically offering you nothing.

I would really file the claim now and get it over with, make a mutual agreement not to follow through, then get your listing fee back and then relist the item. That way neither of you are hurt from the deal... even though he should have paid what he bid for in the first place. You are giving him a "get out of jail" free card by doing this.