Podracer Anakin Costume for EP1 3D release

Quartermaster

Well, my 10yr old has grown out of his TK armor I made for him last year and I haven't had the time to build his ARC Trooper armor yet. He really wanted to have something to troop this year at the big USS Intrepid Troop as well as the Re-release of EP1 in 3D. I was able to pick up a really cool Don Post Podracer Helmet recently, so I decided to make him the full costume.

Here is how it came out. Still waiting on the 2 leather pouches for the rear of the belt.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

WOW John, that is awesome! My wife looked over my shoulder when I was looking at this post and thought it was him and wanted to know why Anakin was on a TD site. She thinks this is the coolest thing ever too. Great detail. I am afraid to start my son's Boba costume, they grow so fast. You are Dad of the year man!

Thanks guys! It really came out great. It isn't perfect, but since I was sorta under the gun to try and get this done before next weekend, I think it came out pretty close. I may swap out the belt at some point since the one we are using is not very accurate. The top is also supposed to be open in the front, sort of like a jacket. I may cut the shirt up the center and sew the seams if I have enough time.

Scored some nice brown leather pouches on ebay I will be using for the back of the belt. Should be hear in a few days.

Here is the breakdown...

Cotton ribbed tunic style top from Kohls...$5

Cotton linen style khaki pants from Kohls...$9

Khaki girls size 5 Ugs from The Shoe Dept...$10

Old weather brown leather belt...FREE from Grandpa!

Linen Material for boots and arm wraps from Joann's Fabrics....1 yard $10

(cut fabric into 2 inch strips and applied with heavy duty spray adhesive $3 for a can)

Replica Anakin necklace from Ebay...$3 free shipping

Don Post Replica Podracer Helmet with liner from Ebay...$70

Leather ammo pouches from Ebay...$15

Total cost was about $125 with about a week to put it all together. Not too bad