Need measurements of Spanish Pouches

Hey all, since there is a lack of sources for the Spanish pouches, I am considering trying to make these but I need some pics with good measurements. If anyone has one and wouldn't mind taking a ton of pics with a ruler next to it so I can get the measurements, that would be great. I know I am already behind on the pouches I make now so these wouldn't start until I have my current project list cleared.

When taking the pics, Make sure to get all the dimensions of each side and the loops and straps. You can PM me for an email address for the pics or just add them to this thread. Thanks, Z

Awesome!!!

Your pouches are top of the line, and adding the Spanish pouch will be just perfect.

I will take Picts if mine, but they are on the storage and will take me a week probably to have the chance to get them.

If in the meantime no one has provided the Picts, I will

Saludos.

awesome, thanks for those pics. I will have to study them and make a pattern for them (after I get caught up on my list). I am willing to make any size spanish pouch as long as I have the measurements for them.

I noticed that these have a little bit of nylon/cotton strap material, is this common on all of these type of pouches or is that something you added? also, is the metal D ring (or whatever type of ring it is) common or an addon? thanks for the pic!!

awesome, thanks for those pics. I will have to study them and make a pattern for them (after I get caught up on my list). I am willing to make any size spanish pouch as long as I have the measurements for them.

I noticed that these have a little bit of nylon/cotton strap material, is this common on all of these type of pouches or is that something you added? also, is the metal D ring (or whatever type of ring it is) common or an addon? thanks for the pic!!

The webbing strap is added on by myself, as is the D-ring, that is to enable the pouch to be velcro hung from the back of the Belt. I would suggest if you are gonna make some of these, that would be a good thing to attach as it would allow people the ability to attach them to the belt as realistically as possible. with a small square of velcro attached on the very top of the webbing strap.

I have done the medium spanish pouch also.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Anything else I can help with please holler.

Nick

Does anyone know the real name an number of the pouch

Like the mp40 pouches

Wverything Ive seen about these whilst trying to search for them simply states Spanish pouch or spanish ammo pouch, It would be interesting to find their origin. I read on some forum that the small one could date back to spanish civil war, and actually be a ammo pouch for muskets and the like.

Nick

hey, Juan, are thos pics of a small pouch? just making sure.

what size strapping do you guys want on the pouches? I will order a roll of it and see what I can do about getting the D links for it. It would be pretty easy to add it in the creation stage. Guessing it needs some velcro or can you guys handle that yourself if I just add the strapping?

Hey bro...

That is the small pouch.

Still need to find a good medium and large pouch, and the money to buy them. LOL!

Anyway, if you want the measurements for both medium and large, maybe ask Rolf. I know he has both sizes!

About the strapping, I guess adding the drink and strap should be fine. So troopers can choose between snaps, velcro or whatever system they want to attach it to the belt.

This is going to be awesome!

Saludos,

cool, got all those pics saved. what I could really use would be inside shots and any shots of the stitching, as close up and clear as possible. trying to see how the pouch folds around and is stitched to itself.

Hey Brady,

I have studied my pouch and it has a very peculiar stitching... but I am also 100% sure that it is a single piece of leather curled folded itself.

I came up with this scheme, hope it helps:

post-0-0-75320600-1328807207_thumb.png

Also, I took this pictures of the inside:

post-0-0-12347000-1328807921_thumb.jpg

post-0-0-21913100-1328807922_thumb.jpg

post-0-0-34770100-1328807923_thumb.jpg

post-0-0-44653500-1328807924_thumb.jpg

post-0-0-67344100-1328807925_thumb.jpg

post-0-0-70123000-1328807926_thumb.jpg

Hope it helps!

Saludos

yea, I knew it was 1 piece. the roadblock pouch is made the same way. I was just trying to get a better understanding of the stitching. sometimes on my roadblock pouches, you can see the stitches on the inside where as on these pouches, you don't - or at least I can't from the pics. thanks for the pics.