Side shim and rivets, for Police Officer

CAVALIER

Hey fellow Sandies,

With my side Shim, is it acceptable to overlap and rivet the ab end of the shim? Or must I butt and rivet? I will paint these white then weather, do i need to fill the holes in the rivet tops? Also I will try to fill the kidneyplate end join to appear as seamless as possible, (that end is butted).

This build will only be for Police Officer deployment. Thanx.

post-4766-0-13787500-1326376973_thumb.jp

Either way is fine. I personally like the overlapping if you're going to shim... just for strength. But, I would've probably added the shim underneath, riveted it to the front, and then added an exension on the kidney plate to butt up to the front plate. So the back-rivets aren't on the shim at all but on a 3rd piece on top of it all. That make sense?

It looks good as is though if you're happy!

Thx Rick, Cheers guys, keeping it moving forward. Getting alot of local support and feedback from you guys is awesome.

Loving working towards Police Officer deployed status... Keeps the brain occupied :)

The journeys great, when its finally time i'll put my application in, just enjoying the ride atm