1st lid build and weathering

Steve Lieberman

post-4749-0-67475400-1326075485_thumb.jpMy first shot at putting a lid together and getting it dirty. I guess I need some feedback. I liked it more before I used Slate on it and had to do alot of sanding. I think until you've done a few, it will seem like everyone else's is perfect.

From this angle Steve the bucket looks sweat!

Like a lot the matte weathering finished on it.

More pics from different sides could serve us better for input. Luv how each Sandie brings it's own signature on the weathering. Their are no two Sandies a like.

So far so great!

Looking good mate!! More pics :D I´m in the process of putting together my first set of armour myself, but haven´t started weathering yet. I´m probably aiming to match the weathering to the colour of the sand/earth at the Lars Homestead - a friend of mine filled a whole 1.5 litre bottle with the stuff when he visited the set in Tunisia...I am SO getting a cup - w000000t! :D

Looks good to me!

But it does look like "the first step" in the process for sure.

I'd wipe off most of the slate coloring, that may wipe off some of the other weathering too, but that's okay.

I wiped my bucket clean 3 times before I was finished. The more you clean it off and build up on it the more real it ends up looking. The great thing is you can't "ruin" it... it only gets better and better!

Keep us posted!

But you're definately on the path to awesome!

Your bucket looks great already... and I know what you mean about every other bucket looking perfect compared to yours.

But let me tell you that yours looks very good!

You`ve got the ears way better than I do most of the times!! ;)

About weathering... looks like you sanded the paint off... did you?

Dont do that... you don't need to sand it down, but to wipe it off with a moist paper towel or cloth...

As Bluey said, doing that several times and adding more and more layers will only make your weathering look more realistic.

Also, you could use some more organic patterns vs the "sanded" patterns you have now.

Just take a break, take some air, and do it once, twice or three times more. You will see how it will only look better and better!

Keep us posted on your progress, and share more pictures!!! :)

Saludos

Thanks for all the positive feedback. I wil keep working on it and post another pic when I'm as happy as I think I'm gonna get. I agree TD-8800, my biggest dislike is the sanded look. I'm taking my time trying to get what I think looks right.

• 3 weeks later...

Steve,

Looks great brother. I know you have done some more to this beautiful bucket. Post some pics so you can show off the great work you have done. Your attention to detail is always great. Love the E-11 too. I am scared to start my armor and you jumped right in with the bucket. You Da MAN! Thanks for encouraging us newbies.