My DoopyDoos Pipe E11...

Hey bro! Not at all... Thisis the ideaof the whole forum platform... One post other comments and colaborates. This makes us grow and go further... Your help is much appreciated, really.

Pls, keep writing your opinions and ideas. This is why we all are here, arent we?

Thx a lot bro... Any ideas on how to get those holes done?

Thx.

Saludos.

You said it brother!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im searching for a track alternative for my builds, who is this skunky you speak of...

? PLS

You can find skunky over here on the forums and also at the FISD. He makes several different props, including the T-Track.

Just PM him and I am sure he will get in touch.

Saludos.

I was able to work a bit on my E11 with the dremel...

So finally the scope is fixed to the rail and added a system to secure the counter.

This is not accurate, but to be honest, I am not 100% sure of what accurate should be.

Found about the bent metal T piece, so I guess this works in a similar way, just in two different pieces.

Let me know what you think.

post-1761-0-68171600-1328036478_thumb.jp

post-1761-0-65688600-1328036479_thumb.jp

post-1761-0-94461100-1328036480_thumb.jp

post-1761-0-00679700-1328036483_thumb.jp

Also, drilled the aim so I could add the screwdriver head to make it look more like the Sterling SMG.

post-1761-0-85718300-1328036481_thumb.jp

Need to finish it with some epoxy but I think it will look fine.

Now I need to get or make the power cylinders and it will be ready for paint job.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Saludos.

Thx a lot bro... Any ideas on how to get those holes done?

My thought for updating my own blaster was to drill them about half way into the stock, that way they won't weaken the part but should simulate the holes, then for the one where the butt overlaps I'll just fill that in afterwards.

Nick

• 2 weeks later...

Juan,

Taking a lead from you on this thread I am currently dismantling my own DD resin E-11 and giving it a total overhaul.

Here is my current

Posted Image

Things I intend to do are:

- New scope rail which sits closer to body and slides into a new hole on the body like the real thing, rather than being screwed in on top.

- Detailing on my counter to include the numbers at the back and a clear plate to cover them. Possibly try and get hold of a proper front part.

- Drilled out holes and detailing on folding stock.

- New paintjob and new weathering, done properly this time

- New M19 scope that I got from Jesse and will be trying to bolt it on with the correct look bolts.

Will show some progress when I have some.

Nick

• 2 weeks later...

Juan,

Taking a lead from you on this thread I am currently dismantling my own DD resin E-11 and giving it a total overhaul.

Here is my current

Posted Image

Things I intend to do are:

- New scope rail which sits closer to body and slides into a new hole on the body like the real thing, rather than being screwed in on top.

- Detailing on my counter to include the numbers at the back and a clear plate to cover them. Possibly try and get hold of a proper front part.

- Drilled out holes and detailing on folding stock.

- New paintjob and new weathering, done properly this time

- New M19 scope that I got from Jesse and will be trying to bolt it on with the correct look bolts.

Will show some progress when I have some.

Nick

Awesome.

Your E11 looks really good already, it can only look better with those upgrades!

Keep us posted!

Saludos

So... here are the latest updates on my build:

Trimmed and fitted the t-track I got from skunky, this thing is great and really accrete!!

The T-track will be kept in place just by pressure, no glue or anything.

Also, finished the main assembly with all the parts. I still need the power cylinders, but I don't really know if I should add them. Need to find a more conclusive reference.

Primed and painted it flat black, now awaiting for the final paint job and weathering.

Here are a few pictures:

post-1761-0-84711600-1329764088_thumb.jp

post-1761-0-03497500-1329764088_thumb.jp

post-1761-0-97381700-1329764080_thumb.jp

post-1761-0-10887800-1329764082_thumb.jp

post-1761-0-16878100-1329764083_thumb.jp

post-1761-0-33249200-1329764084_thumb.jp

post-1761-0-57263500-1329764085_thumb.jp

post-1761-0-86816800-1329764086_thumb.jp

And now ready to go with Woodman´s technique...

post-1761-0-41597700-1329764079_thumb.jp

What do you think?

Saludos.

Metalizing pretty much done, now I need to give it a coat of black acrylic paint mixed with water...

I specially like how the scope looks!

:)

I used Silver Leaf and Spanish Copper Rub-n-buff. At first the Spanish Copper was not looking good at all. I thought it was not going to work, but after a few coats, the magic started to appear!

Here are a few pictures:

post-1761-0-37066700-1329931369_thumb.jp

post-1761-0-32089500-1329931374_thumb.jp

post-1761-0-45003600-1329931375_thumb.jp

post-1761-0-57074600-1329931376_thumb.jp

post-1761-0-76793700-1329931404_thumb.jp

post-1761-0-51944900-1329931405_thumb.jp

What do you think?

Very nice work

The scope looks like old tarnished brass

The ejecter port ( empty shells come out )

Look just like a gun thats been used a lot and not cleaned You nailed it !!

Thx a lot bro!

I am very happy with it.

I was afraid I would not be able to do it, since my last build (you can see a compare shot in a previous post) looks to cartoonish, the weathering was not real at all.

But this, Carla, my wife, said I could be taken to jail for waving that on the street, and I agree... so, that for me is job well done!

Saludos

Finally, my E11 Blaster is done and the first step to SWAT has been taken.

I finished it with Skunky's T track and a resin Counter I had from a previous project. Painted the counter with flat black and then added a layer of satin black to the plastic parts. Weathered it all and thats it.

The T track is just heated and bent into place. No glue or other method is used, just physics. :) T track was not painted of weathered... just as it is, cause I guess that is the easiest way to do it, therefore, most likely what Art department did in 76.

I am still debating in my mind and need to find a definite reference before I add the power Cylinders. About the counter, I know previous SWAT members have been deployed without it for this specific version. That, I will discuss in my submission thread once I have all the references needed. :)

So... here it is:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

What do you think?

Saludos.

Looking top sweet bro :thumbsup:

Only one thing...

I think the scope rail have to go out straight, and then down in the end :thumbsup:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Rolf

There are two ways to mount the scope rail

As see in the movies

1) is the way he has it

2) the way you said

Both are right

Please hit the link to find out more on

The E-11 blaster

http://www.partsofsw.com/e11guide.htm

Looking top sweet bro :thumbsup:

Only one thing...

I think the scope rail have to go out straight, and then down in the end :thumbsup:

Hey Bro, how are you my good friend?

As Ed pointed out, there are two ways of having the rail mounted to the main tube...

One is like you have it (for many troopers around ANH), and one is like I have it (for TDs).

The thing is that caused by the difficulty of importing live or even deactivated weapons to Tunisia in 76, the prop department had to improvise with what they could, to build the Sandtrooper weapons. So, the Sterling SMGs had to be dismantled and then reconstructed in Tunisia with made parts.

For everyones sake:

This is a picture of an actual prop used by Sandtroopers, where you can see the no trigger and other weird variations. One of them the different scope mount.

post-1761-0-02083200-1330377885_thumb.jp

At the begin of this build, I stated the difference in these two variations, but ended up deciding to go for the regular SMG look, but trying to replicate the TD look.

Interesting huh?

BTW, I have decided to add the power Cylinders as I can not prove beyond any doubt that they were not there (or even that they were), but I can see them in most pictures of the blaster in other scenes, and in off-screen prop references.

So now I am looking for a good source of cylinders, if anyone knows of one, PLS let me know.

Saludos