Suggestions on Armor

Boo

Hi Guys, My wife has decided she is not going to watch me have all the fun and that she wants to join the 501st ranks. All on her own she decided that she wants to do a Sandy.

I am hoping to make an armor decision and get something ordered this week.

Here is where I could use some help.

Does anyone has suggestions on what flavor of kit to get the would have the parts necessary for approval.

(is there a kit that comes with the ab plate mods and correct knee plate?)

She goes about 5'7" 170-180

any suggestions are welcomed.

Hi Guys, My wife has decided she is not going to watch me have all the fun and that she wants to join the 501st ranks. All on her own she decided that she wants to do a Sandy.

I am hoping to make an armor decision and get something ordered this week.

Here is where I could use some help.

Does anyone has suggestions on what flavor of kit to get the would have the parts necessary for approval.

(is there a kit that comes with the ab plate mods and correct knee plate?)

She goes about 5'7" 170-180

any suggestions are welcomed.

I would go with ATA armor.. It comes with all the parts.. THe add ons are a different story...Like;gloves, backpacks,pouches,guns. etc...Those take time tracking down suppliers and most of the time there is a waiting list..

As far as helmets I would check out trooperbay you can email him. he makes a pretty good lid to take the pressure off ya with getting it right. make sure you ask him which lid you want TD or TK...

Thats awesome news Brad!!! We welcome both of you to the MEPD!!!

the biggest things to think about when it comes to armor and other items are

how accurate do you want?

how much do you want to spend?

how long are you willing to wait?

What is your building skill level?

keep in mind anything already built is going to cost extra....you can sometimes find full built kits with some of the accessories but it will cost you upwards of $1000....For her size I would probably explore the ATA or AP....helmet assembly is less forgiving than any other part of the armor. Based on your costume building experience you may want to pick up a built one (about $100.00 more than unassembled)

Anyway, keep us posted :)