need help with armor

Sarge

Welcome to the MEPD Joe!

What kind of armor do you have? The more info we have about your gear the easier it will be to help you with any questions you may have about strapping, assembly, etc...

Ata armor

Welcome to the MEPD Joe!

What kind of armor do you have? The more info we have about your gear the easier it will be to help you with any questions you may have about strapping, assembly, etc...

Ata armor

Yeah I felt velcro gives more options for adjustments. Where snaps are limited once placed.

I found that using snaps mounted on webbing was a good way to go. Glueing them with E6000 makes them strong but you can pull them off when neccessary. This method was a lifesaver especially when it can to the biceps and shoulders.

I use a mix of several techniques. But most of my straps are elastic with snaps. On one end the elastic is mounted to the armor with E6000 and on the other I use snaps mounted to the armor with scrap plastic and glued with E6000.

I love my E6000.

I also use velcro but only for extra snaps and only industrial strengh. I dont trust velcro for my entire strapping system. But thats me.

It has proven to fail in the most compromising moments.

Saludos.

I have my entire strapping system assembled using a Snap System and heavy duty Black elastic. You can initially use some velcro and get all the right locations and make adjustments as necessary. Once you have everything fitting properly, mark the locations you want to install snaps. That's the way I did my 1st set of armor.

The suspenders are riveted to the top of the back plate and the top of the ab-plate. They also have a buckle quick connect on the lower front just above the ab plate for easy in and out.

I made a 3" belt/harness with a quick connect buckle that my back elastic is snaped to for the front thighs. The other end also snaps to the top of the inner thigh.