HELP W/ CHOOSING

SCRIBBLER

Aloha Brothers and Sisters on the Sand!

I am and always will be a Sandy at heart, but I really want to start a new project for my next suit. (No worries, my S.W.A.T. gear is currently being worked on .)

I need a little help.

Actually, I wanted to take a poll on what specific build of this next project I'm gunning for...

DARTH VADER (Yes, Sir!) Posted Image

What would be your pick? ANH, ESB or ROTJ ? Reasons?

(Oh, ROTS is not an option because I prefer the 2 tone color of the original helmets!)

I already made my choice, but I wanted to hear your thoughts.

Thx, Guys! Posted ImagePosted Image

ANH...

Posted Image

ESB...

Posted Image

ROTJ...

Posted Image

ANH....he's the original and basically the one that made us want to buy all the action figures and see the next movies in the first place.

See, I agree with Rick. I like the ANH.

I even built this one for a guy here in WV. It did cost me a little more as well, because not as many people make the parts for ANH.

I had a hard road finding some parts.

I do like the original though.

B)

A decision will be made in a couple of days as I get everything prepped. Posted Image

First off, my favorite film in the Saga is ESB and Vader's whole polished, glossy black, shiny look was just too cool! The way the suit catches the light is great!

Posted Image

But, then again...

ANH started the whole thing for me as a fan and the iconic Sith Lord entering the Tantive IV in the beginning of the film... simply awesome. Just the nostalgic feel alone would sway me to this choice. This is going to be tough. AAK!

Posted Image

With that said, I can always build the other version later! Posted Image

I was worried as well about height / weight. But at 5' 9" and 200lb (athletic build) I think I can pull it off.

In lifts and suited up, I clear about 6'1" and then add a couple more inches to that with the helmet on. I think that's good enough for basic trooping, no?

Decisions, decisions....

* I wonder if I'll get busted for impersonating the Boss. Posted Image

ANH all the way, no questions asked ;)

The big helmet, the back going longer down, the cloth over the shoulder chest piece.

ESB next, but not as cool.

ROTJ, a no go.

Small helmet etc...

ANH most def! Easily - it's the original, the one the others try to top. The more polish and garnish you lay on Vader the less convincing and scary he gets IMO. If it was a car - would you go for the one with the old gasser stance and most hp, or would you go for the too fast too fairy glossy glossy bling bling? ;D Good luck mate!

Man!!!

That ANH Vader IS scary!!!

He is just the meanest baddest bad add *** in the Galaxy.

The other guy, is really cool and all... and its the author of "No! I am your Father!!!" not the Vader that goes around showing whos your daddy!! Ironic, isnt it?

LOL!!

Either way you cant go wrong with Vader.

Unless you choose the ROTS one.

LOL!!

Saludos

Ok...

The Empire Strikes Back is such a fantastic film on all counts and VADER was such a bad-*** in it. It's also my favorite one out of the Original Trilogy! The whole shiny new look and the more defined 2-tone colors of the helmet are awesome! Friends and family who know me will know It's the obvious choice.

BUT, the childhood memories of the 'first' film (before it was called A NEW HOPE) were too sentimental to ignore.

This version IS Darth Vader. Plus, from my own observation (a lot of ESB and ROTJ) and advice from numerous legion members, it made the decision close but clear.

So, the project finally begins...

This WILL be expensive, no doubt. I say it'll be roughly 6 mos. - 1 year because I definitely want to do it RIGHT.

(Plus, I'm still going S.W.A.T., lol) Posted ImagePosted Image

So wish me luck my MEPD Brothers and Sisters!

The decision is...

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...