What price range should I be planning to spend on a weapon?

Hi everyone! First time poster. Long time lurker. I have to say this upfront. I'm not working towards being a Sandy. I'm actually going for it's close cousin....Heavy Weapons Trooper. I'm hoping you guys won't bash me too bad lol.

I'm about 50% done with my armor. Only two major parts to fit, and there's actually putting it together. I'm still debating on velcro vs snaps. Everyone seems to go with snaps, but I've seen some good reasons why people switched back to velcro. Quartermaster is handling the backpack. I'm still lurking for boots, neckseal, bucket fans/intercom system, pauldron, pouches, and most importantly a weapon. The pouches and weapon is what brings me here.

I've got an idea on cost for pouches ($50-70 each) when I actually try to get on someone's list that is doing a run. What I'm wondering about is the weapon. I have no skills in building pretty much anything lol, and the armor itself is turning out to be quite challenging lol. With that said, I'm thinking I'm going to have to pay for, pretty much, a turn-key solution on a weapon (ready to troop out of the box). I know that really increases the cost alot, but I can deal with it as long as I plan it out financially.

So... To sum up, what should I be planning to spend on a weapon? I have to say that the T-21 is calling out to me.

Thanks for reading!

Patrick

Hey patrick, we won't hold it against ya...there's still time to convert from hwt to sandy....a t21 assembled will run you $300 and some change. Your best bet would be a hyperfirm or a scratch built from a reputable member on here. Stay away from the Vac formed version you can buy online.

Thanks for the replies guys!

I'll tell you what. $300 sounds a lot better than what I was thinking it would be lol.

Oh and TD-8266, I most definitely would be interested. It will have to wait until my mid-month payday. The military loves the first and 15th of every month lol.

Thanks!

Patrick