SE TD reference needed

skunky

Hi Guys,

As some of you know I make ROTJ TK armour and thought I should really put together a SE TD.

So I am!

What I need from you guys is as much help as I can muster to make this a thing of ugly beauty. :lol:

I have some MP40 pouches and paints, weathering bits and bobs.......what else do I need? I could do with some reference if anyone has any? I'm a bit of a TD newb so please fell sympathetic to the cause........:)

Cheers guys....

P.S not sure if this in the right section so mods, feel free to move it to wherever it should be......

Hi Guys,

As some of you know I make ROTJ TK armour and thought I should really put together a SE TD.

So I am!

What I need from you guys is as much help as I can muster to make this a thing of ugly beauty. :lol:

I have some MP40 pouches and paints, weathering bits and bobs.......what else do I need? I could do with some reference if anyone has any? I'm a bit of a TD newb so please fell sympathetic to the cause........:)

Cheers guys....

P.S not sure if this in the right section so mods, feel free to move it to wherever it should be......

Im real interested to see how this comes out Mark....weve actually never seen a movie accurate version done :)

Should be fun,

I've noticed that the SE TDs only seemed to have black Pauldrons is that correct. I always like the orange but if it's got to be black to be correct then so be it. Who does the best pauldrons for the job? I've seen some nice looking ones on the bay by mypropcollection?

Should be fun,

I've noticed that the SE TDs only seemed to have black Pauldrons is that correct. I always like the orange but if it's got to be black to be correct then so be it. Who does the best pauldrons for the job? I've seen some nice looking ones on the bay by mypropcollection?

Ive only seen black as well....In my opinion trooper 1 (jay) makes the best pauldrons

Hey Mark!Great project youve got there!I PMd you with some info.Just wanted to say taht yes, all pauldrons are balack, but also, they look like they are not the Puffy ones from ANH, but more of an improptu pauldron all flat and nit very well put.I will post some refremces here on monday and maybe we can start a good discussion and come out with some general opinion on what would it be the best pauldron.Trooper1 are the best ANH pauldron without a doubt, but for SE I think you could check out some references and stuff before choosing your pauldron, speciallu if you are going for the uber accurate look.:DSaludos

The SE pauldrons look like they almost have black plastic sheet glued and curved applied on top of the pauldron. The edge seam is not the same as ANH ones.

Mark, if you watch the whole "Anatomy of a Dewback" series (you probably have) there's a few good looks at some of the SE TD gear.

http://www.starwars.com/video/view/000322.html

And these:

Hope it helps!

This is the SE black pauldron.

As you can see, it is very different from the ones used in ANH. Lesser quality all the way!

There are some other references from the LFL storage over the VHI screen grabs I posted before... You can see this is the same type of pauldron seen on the storage.

post-1761-0-78980000-1315272222_thumb.jp

post-1761-0-74297600-1315272187_thumb.pn

post-1761-0-03073100-1315272189_thumb.jp

post-1761-0-95901900-1315272189_thumb.jp

post-1761-0-95767200-1315272190_thumb.jp

post-1761-0-86504200-1315272191_thumb.jp

post-1761-0-83358100-1315272192_thumb.jp

post-1761-0-74338300-1315272193_thumb.jp

WOW! You are right. Its not even close. I dont know anyone who makes one like this, so cheaply put together. No edge binding, and nothing added for puffiness. Even the neck line is coming apart, and no shoulder strap to keep in line, and not falling off. :blink: PM replied to. I can make one and not add the binding, and take out some of the foam. Up to you.

Yeah...

It looks like there is no strap going under the armpit... but there is a weird strap going from the neck flaps to the other armpit. Could this be how it was kept in place?

Strange!

post-1761-0-49467800-1315322069_thumb.jp

post-1761-0-50779000-1315322071_thumb.jp

post-1761-0-84643000-1315322072_thumb.jp

What do you think?

Saludos

Very well could be. That appears to be the only thing keeping it from rotating around. Strange it is. I cannot believe how poorly they were made as well. Unbelievable!