what do you of paying to enter an event ?

Quebectrooper

What do you think about paying to enter an event ?

I did a Comic-con last year in Montreal Canada and it was fun . We got in for free, had a display table and i believe we were the biggest attraction there. This year they want us to pay $35 to get in !!!!!!!!!

Man i've been in showbiz 24 years and never paid a cent to travel the world to do my bike show (i always got paid and got my expenses also paid). We troop for free and those guys want us to pay to get in ????????

I think that these event producers NEED US !

This is ridiculous and i'm upset that some of my legion members are willing to pay .

Pat

you guys need to boycott it....you pay once you'll always pay. There was an event close to us that was pretty big first year we did it and got in free....second year they tried the same crap and we didnt go....i dont think there was a third year...lol

That's a good question. Something I've been pondering for a bit, since I'm relatively new I didn't even know if this was an appropriate question to ask. So...thanks for asking.

Since we are a charity based organization its silly for us to have to pay....now granted if the events are not requesting your presence and its NON official then yes they can ask you to pay. However, if its an event that has been organized through your garrison then the event planner should be able to get you guys comped.

Should not pay. Cons wouldn't be nothing without cosplay, not to mention great and accurate costumes as we of the 501. Agree with Rick, once you pay you will always pay.

It's the other way around, we should be invited upon presence without costing us.

Then what about C6?

that you would pay for....unfortunately its just SW and they know they can get the people to pay. Not sure but LFL may contact the local garrison and allow a certain amount free admission (it would be capped though)

Comic-Con is the largest con I know of and they could care less if Star Wars characters come or not. Its huge. Bleeds over into downtown San Diego. A real circus. They make everyone pay. If you have a pro pass and work in an industry associated with entertainment or comics, you might be able to get in free.

The 501st gets a free table on a floor that is not near the main sales floor. We are allowed to come in early and stay late because we have to set up and break down the tables and displays every day. But they still charge admission.

One way too, is to volunteer at a convention booth for a few hours. Sometimes the booth owners will get you a pass.

My rule for me is: If you ask me to be a part of an event then I get in free and expect water and a place to change at the very least. I also would hope that my wife and 2 kids could get in too if its an event for children. Like "lego land". Otherwise I dont go. I have been used so many times. Driven hours , paid to get in, fed myself, drove home tired. For what? I dont do that any more.

Agree with Mike!

Comic con is something you're a fan like everyone else, and TKs are a dime a dozen... so paying is fine in that case. If it's a local con and they invite you and advertise the 501dt will be at it as part of their promotion, then you betcha you'd better get in free... AND be treated like rock stars to boot!