Using bondo to remove extra seams from shims

murdock

I am currently fitting myself for my armor and even though im pretty skinny, I still need to shim my armor, AP kit for those that would like to know. I was hoping to get rid of the extra seams created by the shims so there is only one line per side like there should be. I have not used Bondo enough to know any real pros and cons to using it on armor but was seeing if any one could help me out that has used it alot. I would like to add shims to both the AB and kidney sections. Then fill in the seams with bondo and paint over it, kind of an extension to those parts, and then I can connect them at the new sections making it a true one seam per side armor. I would like to still open it up and not have one rigid piece like the clones do. My concern being though will the bondo just keep cracking, or being a small enough section, about 1 to 1.5 in addition per side, be just fine? Thanks for any input.

Thats what I was afraid of, the cracking. Thanks for the ideas though. I was going to use a silicone type material that we use at work for tractor gaskets but I dont think it will sand down real well like bondo would have. Being hidden by my arms though and if im careful so it doesnt squeeze out too much from the cracks I think it might work. I did a test shot of gloss white krylon fusion paint and it actually matched the plastic perfect so after filling the seam hiding it with paint wont be a problem, The dirt should help too. Thanks for the info though guys. Thats one less mistake to correct now!:lol: