TK 4418 becomming TD 4418

ctankep

(:D HAHA upgrading :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUH3JQjcweM&sns=em

Anyway... So I received my TD abdomen buttons and sniper kneeplate from TM last week (and E6000 is on the way).

I already have the pauldron, I have a DLT19 (thanks to the hero TD5592) and I have an beaten up armour. :D

So to buy list: Pouches.

Anyone got any?

Oh and here is pics on the destruction process:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noel: Cheers mate! :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ok so, i have started trimming down the two parts that i need to fixate on my armour. The Kneeplate is done i think. Or what do you guys say?

But what i really need help with is the abdomen buttons... i have started trimming and i am afraid i took to much or that i have a lot to cut away before i am done... as it is now it sits weird on the armour... :/ Any input?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now trim that brow and get a new avatar so you won't be taken for a rebel scum! :td:

The humbrol paint i use is the same as on the chart... So maybe with more layers it will be darker? :/

Change my Lando "to cool for school" clarissian? Never! :D

No but seriously i am too scared to mess it up :D how do i go about trimming it? :0

No but seriously i am too scared to mess it up :D how do i go about trimming it? :0

Not all TD's had a high brow so you really don't need to do it. It just looks more laidback and cool imo :) Or you can do it a bit more modest than the road block captain who had the highest brow. I used a scalpel when I trimmed mine, and some fine sandpaper to even out the edge. Take a little at a time until you like what you see.

Ok, so an update is in place i recon!

Painted helmet, will do the second coat tonight.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also, will fix the black outline after the gray has dried. All in all i am pretty happy with the result.

The belt is finished and i am happy with the weight loss after losing my holster. ;)

Posted Image

One thought: The abdomen buttons, shouldn't they look like my old ones:

Posted Image

It feels like i have ALOT to trim on those buttons to be honest? :D Or am i wrong? :D:D:D

Oh, and yes, getting dirty soon as well, i am really looking forward to THAT part :D

/Cheers Varg

Ok, helmet has been painted. I am fairly happy with it. What do you think?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now I am waiting for the E6000 glue and then it is time to glue on the sniper kneeplate and then i have to put on the abdomen buttons. I would like to know if my assumptions are right about having to cut a conciderable bit more of the buttons before gluing. I am guessing i am right (see pictures in previous post.)

Cheers

/varg

One thought: The abdomen buttons, shouldn't they look like my old ones:

It feels like i have ALOT to trim on those buttons to be honest? :D

Yes, you should trim off a lot.

Look at Rolf's armor in the example SWAT thread.

It's a really great example. That 3 button plate should be flat. B)

Posted Image