f0x's Ammo Pouches

Spent the last few days working on my ammo pouches...

Posted Image

All the pouches are sewn, the completed toolkit pouch is still on the sewing machine. :) They are made from leatherete which is a leather topped plastic. Its cheap and easy to work with. It pretty much sews like denim so really easy to work with. Anyway im padding out the pouches to help maintain the shape and have come across 2 solutions that result in 2 different looks. Hopefully some opinions might help me get them finished.

Posted Image

The straight pouch has a styrene insert to hold its shape where as the more curved pouch has a styrene reinforced back with a curved piece of "funny foam" holding its shape. Which do you think looks better?

Yeah, I would go the straight way.

Ammo Pouches used on production were sometimes real ammo pouches, sometimes were just replicas. Either way, you want them to look like if they were real... so, I would assume that the pouch should have a more square shape since there is supposed to be an ammo clip inside and probably it has been there for many missions... so.

Same applies for weathering and aging!

:D

Saludos

I would assume that the pouches would deform a bit from general usage. I was thinking that the rounded shape would eventually appear after a few missions of pulling magazines in and out of the pouch. what about a combination of the two? A square shape to the pooch but with a bulbous shape to the front?

Yeah... it is your build bro!

Do what you like better.

I myself like the squarish shape, and I even keep wooden blocks inside them to make them appear as if a clip was inside.

But yeah, when the wood is not in it, it looks kindof deformed. Not rounded anyway, just, uneven.

Saludos

Yeah... it is your build bro!

Do what you like better.

I myself like the squarish shape, and I even keep wooden blocks inside them to make them appear as if a clip was inside.

But yeah, when the wood is not in it, it looks kindof deformed. Not rounded anyway, just, uneven.

Saludos

I go back and forth which I like. I lean towards the squarish shapes too... but the others are nice as well... and in a way I feel like they're "more authentic."

But yeah, Juan said it, it's your build bro!

Square it is. It can be a real fine line between authenticity and aesthetics. As I'm still at the early stages of my build It makes sense to keep things as close to onscreen as possible. Cheers for the feedback bro's!