Hey everyone!

TK728

Hey all, I'm new to these forums but a die hard star wars fan to the core since the late 70's! :D I'm somewhat of a collector and hobbyist, usually making 'soft' costumes for my own interests (A Tusken Raider was my last) but for some reason have never really gotten into any of the amazing communities out there as a whole. (though I have lurked the 501st site for years) I've been bouncing around the dented helmet a bit lately, been constructing some simple things, though nothing major at the moment. Then when looking about for places to find some accurate Stormtrooper armor I found here. :)

In anycase I liked what someone had to say about here on their blog, and I like the layout and look so I signed up and decided to say hi. Hopefully get to know some folks on the road to eventually tracking down an armor suit of my own :D Nice to meet you all in advance!

(While no one would get it here, my screen name was an inside joke at my old communication sqn 728 :P I just keep using it hehe)

I also just noticed the intro thread....well blame my baby boy for keeping me up all night, I'm tired! ;)

Welcome to the sand pit man....we are a big family here so feel free to ask questions and have some fun :)

Thanks for the welcome :) was just looking around the site a little at some of the pics and such. Very nice stuff! I'm curious though, how spread out is everyone here? any Canadians about? :D Also since I have zero experience with things like vacuforming whats the best way gathering up some accurate armor? .....though given we're still recovering from a bout of real life it may be a while before I can do anything about my lack of whites :P

So the bounce off led you to the "dirty road" Posted Image

Welcome aboard Todd to the Sandpit, it's an awesome brotherhood

and indeed the best resourceful place if you want to become a Sandie,

and hope you would. Anything you need you'll find us scattered around Tatoonie worldwide!!!

Welcome again!!!Posted ImagePosted Image

Hey all, I'm new to these forums but a die hard star wars fan to the core since the late 70's! :D I'm somewhat of a collector and hobbyist, usually making 'soft' costumes for my own interests (A Tusken Raider was my last) but for some reason have never really gotten into any of the amazing communities out there as a whole. (though I have lurked the 501st site for years) I've been bouncing around the dented helmet a bit lately, been constructing some simple things, though nothing major at the moment. Then when looking about for places to find some accurate Stormtrooper armor I found here. :)

In anycase I liked what someone had to say about here on their blog, and I like the layout and look so I signed up and decided to say hi. Hopefully get to know some folks on the road to eventually tracking down an armor suit of my own :D Nice to meet you all in advance!

(While no one would get it here, my screen name was an inside joke at my old communication sqn 728 :P I just keep using it hehe)

I also just noticed the intro thread....well blame my baby boy for keeping me up all night, I'm tired! ;)

welcome to MEPD buddy! :)

Thanks again :) Yes indeed when I get myself a decent suit I'll be Sandtrooper-ing it to pieces :P Ever since I was a kid I had a thing for Sandtroopers. Maybe it was the T-21 and the Pauldrons who knows :D Good to know there are some Canadians though, when I do finally get around to Trooping (assuming I can get armor) I'll likely be limited to Trooping about Canada for a long time to come.

Speaking of which I think I read TD was a Canadian armor maker? Whats the cost of a full suit usually run from them? I've read a few things and see some parts prices listed about different forums....just curious what I may be facing in the future :P

Thanks again :) Yes indeed when I get myself a decent suit I'll be Sandtrooper-ing it to pieces :P Ever since I was a kid I had a thing for Sandtroopers. Maybe it was the T-21 and the Pauldrons who knows :D Good to know there are some Canadians though, when I do finally get around to Trooping (assuming I can get armor) I'll likely be limited to Trooping about Canada for a long time to come.

Speaking of which I think I read TD was a Canadian armor maker? Whats the cost of a full suit usually run from them? I've read a few things and see some parts prices listed about different forums....just curious what I may be facing in the future :P

AP armor is what you seek.

He is from canada, and so would be a great set of armor.

AP armor is what you seek.

He is from canada, and so would be a great set of armor.

Hmmm, I'll have to check that out :) I had almost gotten the Rubies some time ago but it was alot of cash at the time...and well, it just looks wrong which I'd never get past :P Now I'll just have to find that link I had earlier for that Canadian AP stuff. I really should bookmark more :P