backpack strapping

jokerfish

What do you guys use as strapping for your packs? I have been using 1" webbing, but it kinda digs into the shoulders. Not a huge deal, but it does get uncomfortable. I was at wal-mart today looking for some padding to slide over it, but they had no idea what I was talking about. A buddy suggested buying a school bag and cutting the pads off that, but it seems like kind of a waste.

Any ideas?

I aksed friends if they had any old "school bag" and I got lucky and got black ones. No need to buy a bag. I think most use the school bag method for their packs.

Greetings...

...i used also the carrying strap from a old shool bag. You can even adjust the size...that's wonderful practically ;)

I use old backpack padded straps. They are comfy, complete with sternum strap. Just cut them off the pack (undo the upper stitch seam to utilize the full length of the strap material), then wrap the straps around the upper pack frame and pop rivet the strap shut. The lower end of the strap can wrap around the lower side of the frame. Make sure the strap sits under the lateral flat bars for the seed trays so that it supports the weight of the pack.

I just add a big black elastic in the holes in the boy scout frame, i add it whit black plastic straps (aka police hand cuffs):

(a good pics of the elastic add to a self made frame)

Posted Image

Heres another pics of my of a older pack, whit boy scout frame:

Posted Image

And my newest pack, whit the scout frame as well:

Posted Image

I may try the black elastic on my next pack....good idea Rolf

I might post some close ups if needed ;)

Hey i just past my 6000 posts on our mepd here... crazyyy! :lol: