Armor arrived today!

feezle

Everything but the backpack arrived today. Expecting the rest this week.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

For something that is fitted for someone 15 lbs lighter, I couldn't have asked for a better fit out of the box. I do need to trim a bit here and there to stop some pinching. I also need to sand some stuff down because there are some rough edges(so now I need some new underarmor pants). The thigh pieces also have nothing holding them up. There are straps at the top but nothing to attach them to. Snaps?

The weathering isn't as dark as I thought it would be. I'm going to try just sanding it a bit to lighten it up and may call it good for now....depends on how it turns out. I'm a less is more guy for weathering.

I will say that I won't be doing nearly as much goofing off in this thing as I did in the FX. Not nearly as much flexibility. The HIPS isn't as thin as I thought it would be. Parts of it are almost as thick as the FX. I was scared about that.

The bucket needs some work.

Where is the best place for a decent cheap neck seal?

Any other comments on things that need adjusted from looking at the pics?

bro it is looking good just some advice... dirty the boots!!! look for pandatrooper on youtube and see how he did his boots. They are bitching!!!

Yeah, the boots that came with it don't fit and those are my former TK boots. Ill be weathering them when I do some mods on the armor.

Thanks for all the compliments guys. I love being a Sandtrooper already!

• 3 weeks later...

I just submitted my pics for 501st approval. I still need a canon blaster before I try for MEPD.

Any glaring issues aside from the fact that my thighs rotated and killed the black space between my thighs and my cod?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 4 weeks later...

Hey man, first off congrats on the TD!!

I bumped you up to "sandtrooper" status here. B)

And besides getting the thighs rotated around better, and (of course) the blaster, I don't see anything holding you back from deployment. Anyone else?

Great job man!

Great weathering too!! :salute: