Midnight charity run!

spoox

Wish me luck guys for tonight I will be doing my first sandy troop!

It will be a charity walk at midnight for "SAIL" aka Southeast Alaska Independent Living.

SAIL is a private nonprofit organization that provides consumer-directed independent living services to people with disabilities throughout Southeast Alaska. Once a year they organize the "Only fools run at midnight" and it is a fun way to raise money. You can do a 5K or 1K run or a 1K walk and people dress up in costumes or do group centipedes.

I will try to take photos and maybe even get someone to film some footage for you guys.

My gear is packed and ready and I will be heading out into the rain in about 2 hours go the convention hall to participate so wish me luck!! :)

Posted Image

The run was great! lot's of people showed up for the event but boy... it was pouring down rain!!! I guess that's what happens when you live in a rain forest :lol:

Anyway, I did the walk, finished and had lots of fun!! still had a lot of trouble with my upper thighs so this was a good test run. Got some bruises from pinches but it was worth it :P

Here's pics and some footage of my first TD troop!! woot!! B)

Getting my number:

Posted Image

posing with a group of gnomes:

Posted Image

posing with cheering public in the rain:

Posted Image

Posted Image

great turnout!:

Posted Image

Conquering the rain:

Posted Image

Finish Line!!:

Posted Image

And videos:

Nope, the weathering stayed put since I clear coated my suit with a matte finish ;) Living in Juneau, AK for a while I was prepared for lots of rain haha

The helmet bag was made for me by Trent from the Wisconsin Garrison after I designed their garrison logo for them. It has my personal patch on the other side of the bag :) The inside is all fuzzy so it keeps my helmet nice and safe.

The crate I bought a long time ago at walmart. It has wheels on one side so it is easy to lug around and I decorated it with several 501st, Garrison and Imperial cog stickers :) Some of them are coming off though :mellow:

What a great and cool troop, and your first one.

I may say you start out hard, i like it.

Walking so long in your sandy for the first time, in hard rain, in the middle of the night.

Once again the TD´s have showed, the do not back down for nothing :)

Great movie clip, i guess you have to redo your weathering, or did the hair spray hold it up good enough.

Move a long... move a long ;)

How does your personal patch looks like? :)

My personal patch is a Tlingit raven with stormtrooper elements used. Since my husband is part Alaskan native and from the Tlingit and Haida tribes. I used a deep orange since that is my national color since I am born in the Netherlands. :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

What a great and cool troop, and your first one.

I may say you start out hard, i like it.

Walking so long in your sandy for the first time, in hard rain, in the middle of the night.

Once again the TD´s have showed, the do not back down for nothing :)

Great movie clip, i guess you have to redo your weathering, or did the hair spray hold it up good enough.

Move a long... move a long ;)

My weathering is still in place. I used a matte clear coating all over my suit since I knew I'd be trooping in the rain. Juneau, Alaska is rain forest. I am so out of place as a sandtrooper haha :lol:

My weathering is still in place. I used a matte clear coating all over my suit since I knew I'd be trooping in the rain. Juneau, Alaska is rain forest. I am so out of place as a sandtrooper haha :lol:

Cool you did you work before, you got hit by mr. rain on your first troop :)

A smart trooper is always prepared *grin*

I was amazed how well everything held up. It was seriously pouring down and I think if I angled my fan differently I probably would have been able to keep my helmet on the entire walk as well. I might add a second fan just for that reason just blowing over my visor to keep it from fogging.

After I got home I toweled everything off and placed it back in the armor crate and looked the same as before the troop. I was quite relieved I must admit :lol: