Nick's Armour build

nick.black

Yeah, looking really good man! :salute:

The gap between your left shoulder bell and chest piece doesn't matter really as it will be covered by the pouch.

Is there a way to "lower" your ab-plate, or "raise" your thighs so that the gap there isn't as big? If not, that's fine... but if you can it would look better still.

• 2 weeks later...

OK I got suited and booted again tonight to test out the modifications to my armour and also to try everything on for the first time, including the pack. Here are the photos, sorry about poor quality again but its not the best camera and is also inside at night which doesnt help.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Left thigh still needs to be widened again to allow it to sit hugher, but Im much happier with the right now that that has been widened. I also still need to find a way to make the left shin stop from rotating. Any ideas?

Should be able to start putting the finishing touches to the armour in the next few weeks, and then look at starting weathering soon after. Getting closer by the day now. Exciting stuff!!!

Cheers

Nick

WOW!

Looking really good!

I somehow missed this thread for the last few months and I can see now what a great job you have done with your TD!

:)

The thigh thing... have you tried using the original strapping method? Meaning, having them hanging with elastic from a belt under your armor? That is the way they did it back in ANH and ESB at least...

This is how I did in case it helps...

post-1761-0-61124800-1326135856_thumb.jp

Just the belt/thigh thing, the other stuff I later modified it.

That should help with the pieces to turn and with the hight also.

Good job!

Saludos.

Yeh that is exactly what I am doing Juan, in fact I used your sketch as a reference when putting it all together. I was meaning the shins are turning around a little, especially the left one. I intend to try lining it with some black neoprene to see if that does the trick of holding it still.

I still have to widen the left thigh again, then hopefully that will sit in place and we are just about there, just a few minor tweaks left to go.

Thanks again

Nick

• 3 weeks later...

OK I have been working on the weathering. I think I am pretty much done, just a couple of little tweaks with the thigh suspenders and then I should be good to submit my clearance photos. I had the helmet in the house today to do some soldering on the fans so decided to take a couple of shots to show you the weathering.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Although initially I was going to try and go for SWAT level with this armour straight away I have decided against that idea after seeing how the weathering process went. I think I will need a bit of time before I can exactly match the "Stop that Ship" Captain's armour and so I have decided to just go for 501st and MEPD deployment first and then work towards SWAT later if that is what I want. Most important things first.

Let me know what you think.

Nick

Thanks Rolf that means alot coming from you! It's guys like yourself who have inspired me to get this far.

Nick

(null)

Thanks for the kind words, i´m happy if i could inspire just a little over the years.

I´m soon back in the game whit a new RS Sandtrooper, i have some new ideas and hope to make it my best/most movie accurate replica suit ever so far.

Troop on :thumbsup: