TROOPER1563's Build

trooper1563

Hello,

FIgured I'd move my Build to a new thread instead of posting in my helmet thread about it :D Anyways Todays progress is I got pandatroopers T21 plans printed out at fedX full size. So now I can make templetes to start my T21. Got acouple emails about the AP and TE2

Helmet kits. Still havent decided but, leaning toward the ATA just because of the price.But, then again I like the TE2..hmmmm ahhhh got a head ache thinking to much :o :blink::D

Also, lucked out and found a whole box of SCH 40 pvc pipe in the garage to make my pack frame. Also sand off more of the plastic straps from my chest armor.

Waiting for my sniper place from tupperware trooper. cant wait to get it, :D

thats it for now. trooper1563 out!

hi all,

Got my sniper plate yesterday. sorry about the cell phone pics. Also, got the shoulder plates sanded off the chest and back armor. I had glued them on.Its amazing what an angle grinder and roloc sanding discs does to abs...lol :rolleyes: little bit of time and patience and their gone.

post-4409-0-12989700-1307769886_thumb.jp

post-4409-0-24451100-1307770051_thumb.jp

post-4409-0-10425700-1307770077_thumb.jp

sending out my money to ATA for one of his helmet kits. I'm getting the ABS kit. Hopefully, I made the right choice. :D Cant wait to get it here. Cut all the pieces for the backpack frame yesterday on my 14" tubing chop saw. Need to bend the tubes to 30 degrees. I attached a pic of the crack in my shine armor I spoke about in my helmet question thread.Their are 2 of them one on each side where the rivet went thru.

later Ronpost-4409-0-96367400-1307770668_thumb.jp

I have an ABS kit Ron and it rocks, its durable and long lasting! Post along your progress and good luck in it!Posted Image

sending out my money to ATA for one of his helmet kits. I'm getting the ABS kit. Hopefully, I made the right choice. :D Cant wait to get it here. Cut all the pieces for the backpack frame yesterday on my 14" tubing chop saw. Need to bend the tubes to 30 degrees. I attached a pic of the crack in my shine armor I spoke about in my helmet question thread.Their are 2 of them one on each side where the rivet went thru.

later Ronpost-4409-0-96367400-1307770668_thumb.jp

:D Hello,

Just a small update.I sent out the money for the ATA Lid today. Can't wait to get it!! :D . Went out and bought all the material to build my t21. got the barrel section roughed in. need to figure out the tappered section of the barrel.Got the pack frame together. I'll shoot acouple pics tomarrow. Sorry :(

I'm trying to mount the sniper plate..anyone got any suggestions on how to not make the plate rest or hit my knee cap?! thx Ron

Ron, a good way would be to build a sort of an "angled plank" in were it doesn't hit your knee cap.

I did and it works nicely.

Pandatrooper's sniper knee plate for this mod is really cool for the installment. Might want to check

it out at the forums though.

Posted Image

:D Hello,

Just a small update.I sent out the money for the ATA Lid today. Can't wait to get it!! :D . Went out and bought all the material to build my t21. got the barrel section roughed in. need to figure out the tappered section of the barrel.Got the pack frame together. I'll shoot acouple pics tomarrow. Sorry :(

I'm trying to mount the sniper plate..anyone got any suggestions on how to not make the plate rest or hit my knee cap?! thx Ron

Hey, working away on the ata helmet kit got the helmet pieces trimmed out, the eyes and teeth cut out, the ears rough cut. now the have to join them all together lol. Thanks for all the help sandman! Ill post some pics tomarrow. Nite

No worries bro, beside droid and rebel hunting, that's what we are here for: Watching out for every TD brother!Posted Image

Hey, working away on the ata helmet kit got the helmet pieces trimmed out, the eyes and teeth cut out, the ears rough cut. now the have to join them all together lol. Thanks for all the help sandman! Ill post some pics tomarrow. Nite

Patience Ron, post pictures in the parts that you are having a hard time, sure we can help out.

If it's killing you doing the bucket alone, ask a buddy to help you out in adjusting, measuring, etc.

2 hands are better than 1. And a 100 heads can come with better solutions than 1.

Posted Image

Im half tempted to throw the new bucket in the trash or have some one else build it. I can build a studio scale galactica but I cant get a helmet right ahhhhhhhhhhh!

Hey, thanks for the reply sandman and sith. Im going to have to set up a photobucket account my pics are to big. I did work on it this weekend and cut the back edge and it looks much better. Thanks sandman

Welcome brother as long as it helps, I'm pleased!Posted Image

Hey, thanks for the reply sandman and sith. Im going to have to set up a photobucket account my pics are to big. I did work on it this weekend and cut the back edge and it looks much better. Thanks sandman

Roughed in the ears yesterday . The problem I have with them is I didnt cut near the mold lines I left alot of material and I still got a huge gap on the backside. The front looks good. So now I have repair them. Whats the way most troopers here fill the gaps?

Roughed in the ears yesterday . The problem I have with them is I didnt cut near the mold lines I left alot of material and I still got a huge gap on the backside. The front looks good. So now I have repair them. Whats the way most troopers here fill the gaps?

Probably just going to have to live with them.

The ATA ears seem (to me at least) to always have a gap in back if you dont have the face plate perfectly flat.

Ok Ron, I had minor gaps and my ear pieces and this is what I did:

1 With white silicon I filled in the gaps and with little spatulas or a blade like object like when you shave, pass it smoothly so you can have that clean cut silicon look in the ears.

Posted Image

2 Second, with a paper in a funnel form I let go a "path of baking soda" little by little over the silicon gaps. Apply in an even form like "sand pattern".

Posted Image

3 Third I applied super bonder, the liquid type not the gel type over the baking soda path. PLEASE use eyewear, as well as mouth and nose protective mask since this dries really quick on contact, but produces powerful toxic vapors.

If you do use this technique don't let it get in contact with your fingers or hands since, it is way to strong. Use protection at all time.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

4 It becomes so hard, that it's like a rock texture. I would advise to run some tests and play with plastic scraps shaved already from your bucket. Once glued like this their is NO way of taking it apart. Not even the blade or nimpo magic can take it apart

Posted Image

5 Since you are going to weather the bucket the baking soda texture with super bonder is like if "hardened sand" stuck in your ears. Really cool! So you can paint over them.

I used this technique with my bucket and it's gap free!

Posted Image

The same technique I applied to my armor in all the parts that had seams like calves, thighs, forearms and biceps.Posted Image