Glossy TM ok for TD? Pauldron need?

TFDarkside

Several quick questions, all responses appreciated!

A) Is TM overkill for TD? any preferred for TD over TK for example?

B) Is glossy armor in general bad for painting on?

C) Is mixing and matching helmets and armor potentially bad? if so, rules?

(I've seen some pics that looked like they were mismatched)

D) Besides personal preference, is there a NEED for more black or white pauldron TDs over orange/captains?

Thanks all!

I say TM is perfect armor for TD as for TK.

No worries there.

Mixing and matching can be a probelm if the plastic is different. Shiny or dull, white or off white, etc.

To solve this, paint the whole armor with the same paint. Not very practical, but that how ppl match stuff.

Glossy armor is good for painting on, depends more on the paint than on the armor in my experience at least.

No need for more black or white over orange. Just your personal preference.

The less seen is black I guess, then white and the most popular is orange.

SaLudos

A) Is TM overkill for TD? any preferred for TD over TK for example?

TM is awesome for anything!!

TE2 is my personal preference for a TD though.

B) Is glossy armor in general bad for painting on?

No, it's fine!

C) Is mixing and matching helmets and armor potentially bad? if so, rules?

Yes, they can be bad. But the trick is make sure they're either the same form of plastic in every way, or paint everything to match. One good thing about doing a TD is the weathering covers a multitude of sins.

D) Besides personal preference, is there a NEED for more black or white pauldron TDs over orange/captains?

I'd say there's a need for more black and whites... orange is everywhere. But, orange is great!

Hey Tim,

My armor is TM TD. For the weathering I only used burnt umber acrylic paint (so far). The TM armor was very easy to work with as far as applying and wiping off the paint. How shiny the armor remains after weathering will depend on what method you use.

Posted Image

I Have AP for my TK and TM for my TD you can mix and match. ie the milky white TM will not go with AP bucket as their is a blue ting which is only noticed when the two are matched off.

AP once weathered in the same pigments then you will have no probs with matching for a td same as any lid would be once weathered.

As the guys said these kits are formed from the same material to give the uniformed colour. :D

I have had no problem weathering my TM but certain materials my pose a problem when applying.

I Have AP for my TK and TM for my TD you can mix and match. ie the milky white TM will not go with AP bucket as their is a blue ting which is only noticed when the two are matched off.

AP once weathered in the same pigments then you will have no probs with matching for a td same as any lid would be once weathered.

As the guys said these kits are formed from the same material to give the uniformed colour. :D

I have had no problem weathering my TM but certain materials my pose a problem when applying.

AP and ATA are also kind of close in color. Weathering should cover the difference. The ATA is definitely a little beige.