*DONE* TD-2946 requesting deployment

Looks good. But your biceps pieces might need some repositioning. Also, you will need to add 3 stripes to your syphon. And lastly a pic of the conical disk above the trigger. B)

Need Juan's advice if the mic tips are acceptable.

Good luck!

Looks good. But your biceps pieces might need some repositioning. Also, you will need to add 3 stripes to your syphon. And lastly a pic of the conical disk above the trigger. B)

Need Juan's advice if the mic tips are acceptable.

Good luck!

the biceps only work in that position. I thought the thumbprint was supposed to be on the inside of the bicep piece, but its shaped with it on the tope..

What is a conical disk, and what kind of stripes are you talking about for the syphon?

Yes, the lens is green it looks awfully dark in the pics

Posted Image

If the detail affects your deployment, maybe try another set of Bicep parts? I'm sure you can pick up a set cheap on the Legion Boards, MEPD or over at FISD. It shouldn't be too much of a difference appearance-wise. Maybe an RT-MOD set or heck even a reworked ATA.

Just to get the 'thumbprints' inward. Anyway, it's still nice to see different types of armor here so people can see what each looks like to help them make a decision in regards to body-types and fit. Awesome and good luck with your deployment, Brother! Posted Image

Well.

If the biceps can not be wore in the correct way, I would say, try and get some that can.

Anyway, if you decide to keep them as they are, just make them look right and in place when taking the pictures for deployment. We would need to see that. But as with many other things, we need to know that you can have it the right way, whoever you decide to go trooping is your decision. :)

I dont entirely understand why you cant wear them with the thumbprint face inwards. Is it a building or fitting or forming issue?

Saludos

It's just the way the pieces are formed, I can't wear them to the inside. The thumb is on top of the oval shaped bicep part, not the side. The only way to change that is to maybe heat up and reshape them, but I don't think it that easy

I originally had them mounted to the inside, bit it was a very uncomfortable fit and just beat me up while wearing and eventually worked it's way into the same position

Maybe the pics will help explain a little better

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

These are shaped differently than my buddies kit (TA2 I think ??) His are more of a rounded shape opposed to the oval shape mine are. I dont get how else I am supposed to wear these being that they are shaped like that

Sucks that that is going to hold me up from deployment, but I am done spending for now. I have the ties for the siphon, working on the pieces for the e-11 also

For the record though, the CRL doesn't state that the thumbprints be placed in any certain position, it just says that the biceps are fully closed and the shoulder bells should have minimal overlap. I think that the specifics should be added if they are critical enough to stop any kind of approval on the site :)

I can see what you mean...

Actually, the CRL doesn't refer at all to thumb prints cause they are not needed for deployment.

I do think you need to wear your armor the way it is supposed to be at least for the deployment pictures. No big deal bro. Just wear them with the thumbprints pointing inwards, hold your breath if it stings, take the picture and that is it.

You can troop with them anyway you want. As long as your GML allows and the deployment pictures show them like that, you don't need to replace or buy anything else.

;)

If you have any question, pls ask...

Saludos

Guest Locitus

From what I see in this picture, you've just mounted the strapping incorrectly.

You have the strap to the shoulder bell on the side of the bicep part (where the thump print is the "front" in this example) and it should be in the back, ie the opposite side of the thumb print.

Posted Image

I had to reposition it like that because it did not fit correctly in the other position. My original build had it pointed inwards, but it just didnt feel right. You can still see the glue in the top pic. No biggie, I will twist them sideways this weekend and get a pic or two in the correct position.

Aside from that, any other major issues I need to attend to? I am working on the pack tomorrow to add the zip ties, and can grab the few pieces for the rifle on my way home.

OK... I finally have some time to review your request.

Overall the armor looks good.

A bit too heavy weathered but that is no problem since it looks quiet organic or natural. Maybe seen too much action, but thats no problem. :D

There are a few things I will ask you to post or re work. Most are minor corrections, but there might be some work needed.

- Looks like your thighs are a bit too big for your legs. Is this true or is it just a visual effect due to photographs and position? If they were the case, I would either make them fit by adjusting them cutting and glueing on the back, or add some foam padding inside so they don`t dance around. Your call.

- You will need to re-locate your knee ammo belt so that it sits a bit lower. The top of the belt should be fixed to the middle of the "strap like edge" detail on the thigh.

post-1761-0-34278900-1305157438_thumb.jp

- You will also need to trim a bit more your butt plate to better resemble what is seen on screen. This is a common situation with AM armor. No big deal

post-1761-0-06857100-1305156813_thumb.jp

- Your sniper knee plate is a bit to low. CHeck the picture, The blue and red lines should meet. The middle corners of the diamond should meet the middle point of the "strap like edge" on the shin.

post-1761-0-30924300-1305156814_thumb.jp

-Your ammo pouch is fine, but you will need to move the little tool box so that the middle of it, is sewn to the right most edge of the last section of the pouch. Check the picture, the red drawing represents where the small pouch should be.

post-1761-0-31454500-1305156815_thumb.jp

-Your 3 ab buttons are a bit to small. Pictures is just an aprox.

post-1761-0-36590000-1305156816_thumb.jp

- Your pack is either missing the bottom mushroom cap or it is tucked under the syphon. It needs to show like the drawing.

post-1761-0-42791700-1305156817_thumb.jp

-And, you will need another pouch that resembles as much as possible one seen on screen. Usual options are Stolla Wien, Leather MP40 reproductions, Spanish Pouches (small, medium or large), "Roadblock" pouch... and some others. Check the for sale section of the forum, there some makers offer their pouches. Just need to specify, French pouches on their own are not eligible for deployment.

Thats it bro.

Hope it is not too discouraging, but most of the hard work is done and it loos great. This are minor mods. They do require some work, but Hopefully it wont represent much trouble for you.

:D

If you need any help or whatever, please just post of PM me...

Saludos

Juan

OK... I finally have some time to review your request.

Overall the armor looks good.

A bit too heavy weathered but that is no problem since it looks quiet organic or natural. Maybe seen too much action, but thats no problem. :D

There are a few things I will ask you to post or re work. Most are minor corrections, but there might be some work needed.

- Looks like your thighs are a bit too big for your legs. Is this true or is it just a visual effect due to photographs and position? If they were the case, I would either make them fit by adjusting them cutting and glueing on the back, or add some foam padding inside so they don`t dance around. Your call.

**I padded the insides with foam so they would not wobble around. I think they can be adjusted a little better, but I was tring to get them to where I can walk comfortably also.

- You will need to re-locate your knee ammo belt so that it sits a bit lower. The top of the belt should be fixed to the middle of the "strap like edge" detail on the thigh.

post-1761-0-34278900-1305157438_thumb.jp

**I can adjust that no worries, it was sitting very low over the shin in the other position, walking was a bigger concern than accuracy on that one :)

- You will also need to trim a bit more your butt plate to better resemble what is seen on screen. This is a common situation with AM armor. No big deal

**Got a reference shot? I was looking at the butt plate earlier today thinking I need to take some off the sides, so I totally agree

post-1761-0-06857100-1305156813_thumb.jp

- Your sniper knee plate is a bit to low. CHeck the picture, The blue and red lines should meet. The middle corners of the diamond should meet the middle point of the "strap like edge" on the shin.

post-1761-0-30924300-1305156814_thumb.jp

**I glued the top of the inside rectangle to the top of the strap edge on this one, there isnt a lot of "meat" left to hold onto if I go much higher. The pic is slightly angled so it looks lower, but I can raise it up half an inch or so

-Your ammo pouch is fine, but you will need to move the little tool box so that the middle of it, is sewn to the right most edge of the last section of the pouch. Check the picture, the red drawing represents where the small pouch should be.

post-1761-0-31454500-1305156815_thumb.jp

I will cut it and rivet it I guess, I am no seamstress, lol

-Your 3 ab buttons are a bit to small. Pictures is just an aprox.

post-1761-0-36590000-1305156816_thumb.jp

Those are the brass "brads" that I was told to get from Office Depot, is possible that they just look smaller because the armor is larger? What else can I put in its place?

- Your pack is either missing the bottom mushroom cap or it is tucked under the syphon. It needs to show like the drawing.

post-1761-0-42791700-1305156817_thumb.jp

Its tucked away. I just recently saw a build tutorial on that. It will be fixed in the near future.

-And, you will need another pouch that resembles as much as possible one seen on screen. Usual options are Stolla Wien, Leather MP40 reproductions, Spanish Pouches (small, medium or large), "Roadblock" pouch... and some others. Check the for sale section of the forum, there some makers offer their pouches. Just need to specify, French pouches on their own are not eligible for deployment.

That one is just covering the snaps I mounted to the belt to hold my other ammo pouch. I left it at a troop friday on accident and didnt want the exposed snaps showing. Its the same as my shoulder strap minus the small pouch

Thats it bro.

Hope it is not too discouraging, but most of the hard work is done and it loos great. This are minor mods. They do require some work, but Hopefully it wont represent much trouble for you.

:D

No worries here brother, all of those things are minor and can be fixed in a day. Expect more pics soon. Not at all discouraged, this was my first attempt at an armor build and I think I did pretty good. Its not 100% accurate, but I feel pretty good about it. Now that I have a dirty build under my belt, I may go for a shiny TK after the summer since I have a little practice now

If you need any help or whatever, please just post of PM me...

Saludos

Juan

Here are my comments... yours in Bold, mine regular...

Thighs:

**I padded the insides with foam so they would not wobble around. I think they can be adjusted a little better, but I was tring to get them to where I can walk comfortably also.

That would be it bro. If you think you can make them fit better, do it. But yes, walking comfortably is a big issue and I wouldn't want you to make your armor unweareable. So, as I said, its your call.

Ammo knee belt:

**I can adjust that no worries, it was sitting very low over the shin in the other position, walking was a bigger concern than accuracy on that one :)

Yes, walking is a concern for sure. So, try and see how much you can lower without making your walking uncomfortable or difficult.

Butt:

**Got a reference shot? I was looking at the butt plate earlier today thinking I need to take some off the sides, so I totally agree

Here it is:

post-1761-0-75862000-1305160157_thumb.jp

Sniper knee plate:

**I glued the top of the inside rectangle to the top of the strap edge on this one, there isnt a lot of "meat" left to hold onto if I go much higher. The pic is slightly angled so it looks lower, but I can raise it up half an inch or so

Picture angle can make it look weird. Try and take a more frontal picture, if possible, from about 6 feet away but with the zoon in. Also, a little trick is to angle away the top of the diamond to avoid it tucking under the thigh and else... like this:

post-1761-0-97691000-1305160319_thumb.jp

Pouch:

I will cut it and rivet it I guess, I am no seamstress, lol

That would work.

Buttons:

Those are the brass "brads" that I was told to get from Office Depot, is possible that they just look smaller because the armor is larger? What else can I put in its place?

Brass brads are used for the closure on the side gaps between abs and back plates. And also for the crotch detail. This buttons are bigger buttons. You could use rivet buttons or just make them out of plastic or even a found part. Also, Troopermaster and other makers sell the 3 button stripes with the right size.

Mushroom cap:

Its tucked away. I just recently saw a build tutorial on that. It will be fixed in the near future.

Ok...

Second Pouch:

That one is just covering the snaps I mounted to the belt to hold my other ammo pouch. I left it at a troop friday on accident and didnt want the exposed snaps showing. Its the same as my shoulder strap minus the small pouch

Ok... I know which pouch you are talking about. Just get it and get a picture taken with it. I need to check with the Command Staff if that specific pouch would be allowed for Officer Deployment. I know it is not allowed for SWAT.

Great bro!

Great to see such a great attitude. And yes, I agree, you have done a great job so far, specially if this is your first build.

Congrats!

Lets see those mods and if you need anything, just post.

Saludos

• 4 weeks later...

OK, had a chance to do some tweaking today, so we should be good to go

Posted Image

First up:

Ab Buttons. I removed the old ones and replaced them with Tandy snap pieces. Much bigger, I like em! This is an unpainted shot, you can see them finished on the full body pic

Posted Image

Thigh ammo clip- Dropped down about an inch, can see in other pics (I forgot to get a progress shot!)

kidney/ butt trim. Took about an inch of the edge, then ran it up onto the kidney plate and trimmed to the outside edge

Posted Image

Ammo pouch 1- Relocated the small pouch. Worst sewing job in history, but it may actually work out :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ammo pouch #2-Removed generic pouch and added proper 3 slot ammo pouch to match the shoulder one. Also note the bicep "thumbprint" position to the inside of the arm

Posted Image

Sniper Plate- Raised up an inch or so

Posted Image

Mushroom cap- modded the piece so it would sit lower

Posted Image