Need help with a helmet decision.

Arppegio

Hey everyone, need help in deciding which bucket kit to get. I was originally saving up for a TE kit but since fate has taken a detour for him I've decided to just update my bucket instead of replacing my armor. My choices are either one from Authenticprops. Or an RT-Mod ANH kit from trooper721 on Ebay. Is anyone familiar with Trooper721?

The best advantage with gonig with the RT one on ebay is that I could potentially save money. They both seem like good enough helmets. A step above my FX one, at least. The only drawback is that the RT mod doesn't come with a green lens sheet like the one through Authenticprops and that I'm not really familiar on how good it is. But I had ordered 2 green face sheilds since I'm working on my Boba Fett helmet right now so the green lens won't be an issue really. Plus the Authenticprops one has some small details that the RT mod doesn't have but it's pretty minor IMO. The plus side with the RT is that the guy is saying he'd trim the eyes and mouth section at no extra cost and the aerators mics are hovi-mix tip type.

The RT Mod is a five piece kit (not including the aerators, trim, and lining).

The Authentic props is four pieces.

I'm sort of leaning towards the RT mod just because I could possibly save money but wanted to get opinions here first. I don't mind spending more for the Authentic props if people think that one looks better though. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Yeah, I'm saving my pennies for whoever has bought the TE molds too - I was too late to get in on that party.

I've been pretty happy with my AP helmet. There was a delay in shipping due to bidpay and he was nice enough to cut out the mouth vents for me gratis in exchange. The helmet came fully pre-drilled so assembled in 15 minutes.

The only negatives are than the chin piece is integrated into the helmet which can be hard to paint by hand, and the weather strip for the neck rim doesn't fit easily.

Aside from these small quips, it's a great looking lid and I've received many compliments on mine.

The only negatives are than the chin piece is integrated into the helmet which can be hard to paint by hand, and the weather strip for the neck rim doesn't fit easily.

The RT mod seems to be the same in regards to the chin pieces. There seems to be a vinyl sticker to place on it rather than painting so I guess that's another plus for it.

Here's three pics of the RT-mod one:

The guys said he's trim at no extra charge*

And here's some pics of the authenticprops one:

I'd have to trim this one myself.

Hope I'm not violating any rule by posting these. If I am let me know and I'll remove the images.

Edit by TD6025: removed hotlinked pics. Sorry.

Between the two, I'd get an AP. Or, maybe wait for the "new" TE guy to start making armor. As far as the pictures are concerned, it looked like they were hotlinked, so I took them out. If you post pics in the forum, please host them yourself, or post a link. When you post an IMG from an address, it uses that websites' bandwidth.

As far as the pictures are concerned, it looked like they were hotlinked, so I took them out. If you post pics in the forum, please host them yourself, or post a link. When you post an IMG from an address, it uses that websites' bandwidth.

Ah ok, I didn't know that. Learn something new everyday. I'll remember that.

As for waiting, I'd have to save up anyway. I'm working on a Jango and Boba Fett costume at the moments. So updating my Stormtrooper bucket will be fine with me at this point.

Thanks again.

I've got an AP and I'm really happy with it. The hand painting of chin pieced sucked a bit, and I really didnt like the green lens sheet that came with it, but overall it was a breeze to assemble and trim. And I believe I used a different trim for the neck too. But those are just personal preferences.

I've got an AP bucket, and I couldn't be happier with it. It isn't that hard to paint the chin black, just look at lots of reference pics before doing so and take your time. You said that the RT had a vinyl decal, for the chin, but if you end up buying the RT, you should go a head and paint it and not use the decal. It looks much better. The trim for the bottom edge isn't hard to put on at all, you just have to turn it inside out a little and then place it over the edge and turn it back right-side-out. Since the hovi-mic tips can be found other places, I would go with the AP bucket, IMHO.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the help, everyone. I've decided to go with the RT just for cost's sake.

On a side note, some dude on ebay bid 3 times on the helmet I was going for and knocked my bid up 50 dollars. Then the same guy went and bid on the other RT mod auctions that were available. I guess he realised there were more than one auctions and they were available... But man...I wish some people would look before leaping, LOL. Ah well....at least I'll be getting a prettier bucket. Well...once the auction ends anyway.