Spoox's progress build

spoox

Hi everyone!

I have been working on my suit for a while already off and on so I figure maybe it is time to post some progress pictures :)

It is always good to have some comments and suggestions along the way as I go from the more experienced brothers and sisters in the dirt haha.

Anyway, here is where I am so far from start to beginning in pictures and comments by moi :luv:

So here is me as squeaky clean stormy in my FX and MRCE bucket:

Posted Image

That has to change to an officially approved 501st TD lol

So first thing to change is the helmet! I traded a CAP helmet long time ago but the paint was coming off. It looked gorgeous though and I wanted it as my TD helmet so after some awesome advice from here it went from this:

Posted Image

Posted Image

To This:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Then I got me the new sniper plate :) :

Posted Image

And since I am born in the Netherlands.. and orange pauldron lol:

Posted Image

Some pouches:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Green lens for my helmet:

Posted Image

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Working the abs....

I cut out the TK ab detail so I can modify it. On the square ab plate part I still need to do the small cut out so that is not done yet. I probably get to that this weekend or so.

Posted Image

Made a mock up in paper to see how big a piece of ABS I need to glue behind it:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cut out a small ABS strip to glue over the old button strip:

Posted Image

I am thinking about glueing these magnetic buttons as replacement buttons and paint them white. Those would look decent no?:

Posted Image

Posted Image

And my new biceps drying..

Posted Image

That's what I got so far! :)

Oh yeah! and my paint waiting to get used once ready!

Posted Image

I'm excited! :lol:

Bro seems your ready to troop around the hostile climate of Mos Eisley!

Congrats!

Got 2 suggestions on so far I've seen:

1 Earth magnets seem to work ok. If you could make them work as if them to appear as a "big rivet" shape could be great. What I'm trying to state here is to make em smooth down at the edges instead of a big like circle checker chip. LOL

2 Since you already have TK troopin experience, I'm not a big fan of inside return edges in the biceps or were ever they might gulliotine my limbs. Jajajajaja!

But if you feel comfortable in them go ahead.

For everything else and how you are figuring and making your things come together for your sand warrior my congrats once again!!!

I have to take my dremel tool to the magnets haha. The biceps still need adjusting though. I am a girl... woman I should say (hear me RoaR! lol) I havent done anything yet about the return edge and they are still as they are from the maker. I don't think I keep them as big as they are now lol.

A little more progress yay :)

I cut out the oval detail in the ab area and sanded it smooth:

Posted Image

I also sanded the buttons and gave them a more rounded look:

Posted Image

Glued an ABS backing behind the oval cutout:

Posted Image

Glued the strip with the 3 buttons on:

Posted Image

Then used paint able caulk to close the cut lines so it all looks more like one solid pull:

Posted Image

This will look pretty much like a TD ab plate after I re-paint it no? :D

A little more progress yay! :)

I ordered me 2 of these today...

Posted Image

To be attached to one of these puppies that is being shipped to me :wub:

Posted Image

Things are slowly coming together! woohoo!!

• 2 weeks later...

I got some more stuff done :) I gave most of my armor a satin white respray and it's looking nice! I still need to give a few parts a return edge and hat to wait for my heat sealing iron to come in. I trimmed my FX ab plate because I hate the bottom curve so I need to rework the edge on that, I also made my hand plates smaller and want to give the shoulder bells a small return edge. Once that is done I can spray those and the fun of weathering can begin!!

I also sprayed my back pack parts! woohoo! So I can start assembling my pack now too :)

Ab FX TK plate with new modifications to TD done:

Posted Image

Dirty Boy's back pack kit sprayed and ready to get assembled:

Posted Image

I decided to go with the Slate blue and not the krylon peekaboo

Posted Image

I did some weathering testing on my old calf and after a few tries with colors I think this is what I am going for..

Posted Image

Posted Image

I mixed grey with a wee bit of tan. I think it fits since I am in Alaska lol

Slowly dirtying up my stuff yay :) I decided not to go too dark. I just don't like that for some reason. I love the dusty / faded type look which is what I am aiming for.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks everyone! :) If it wasn't for you guys posting all your progress builds and tutorials and tips I wouldn't be able to pull it off this easy haha

I started putting together the back pack over the last few days after a lot of intense reading here on the forums and it is coming together nicely!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awesome Backpack kit from Dirty boy :wub:

I did something fun with the radio cover and added purple blinking led lights in the circular holes. I will try and post pics or a video of that later. I have to mod it now so I can put it in the radio box with the on off switch so I can easily turn it on and off. I just thought it looked cool lol. Anyway..back pack is almost done yay!!

I am modding my thighs still since I can't seem to find a size that fits me without shims except the AM ones and AM doesn't sell them separate *cries* so, I redid the ugly shims I had in my FX thighs and made them look a bit more decent. Pics to come..