*DONE* TD 5044 Requesting Deployment

Name: Luis Felipe Asteguieta Thomé

501st TD ID: 5044

MEPD forum name: Sandman Tigui

Garrison: None. Trying to start an Outpost over here

This is dedicated to all you troopers who have enormously help me out in one way or the other in making me become a better trooper. Greatest thanks for the support and mentoring specially to: Noel, Tupperware, Dean Plantamura, Quartermaster, Juanito Arvizú, Pandatrooper and Quebectrooper! Bros, I thank you all!!!

From the Rubbies to AM and B Bucket Upgrade it's been a loooong way for me so this is it! Seeking for a deployment duty without the office donuts in the MEPD I give you my application:

Posted Image

Hi Luis...

your sandtrooper looks good...whereby the weathering at the ears a little too strong for my taste....but that's a matter of taste ;) otherwise the weathering is very well done :duim:

I would wish more detailed pictures of the t-21.

I would paint white the rivets on the abdominal plate and ammo belt on the shin armor.

The radar disk on the mortar tube must be a little lower.

...so far as a good work :salute:

Good luck with your application :)

Cheers...

Dan

Hi Luis...

your sandtrooper looks good...whereby the weathering at the ears a little too strong for my taste....but that's a matter of taste ;) otherwise the weathering is very well done :duim:

I would wish more detailed pictures of the t-21.

I would paint white the rivets on the abdominal plate and ammo belt on the shin armor.

The radar disk on the mortar tube must be a little lower.

...so far as a good work :salute:

Good luck with your application :)

Cheers...

Dan

Hey thanks Dan! The art direction and criteria I used for the ears was as if my hands were dirty enough that each time I put and took my bucket off it would wear out the dirt and waste the bucket. Pure concept art Posted Image

I have lots of T-21 I could send, I didn't do it cause this is the 3rd time I try to get in Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

My T-21 is a straight black and wasted blaster replica from Hyper Firm. If that could keep me from deployed I could send some laser shotsPosted Image

As for the rivets I saw and read that some troopers left them in silver and others in wasted white. Since I was going to dirt them I left some silver showings and some not. Either way if keeping from deployed I still can paint some parts as if the white paint came off due to the harsh weathering in TatooniePosted Image

The radar disk I didn't touch at all as it came straight from the tailor shop of QuartermasterPosted Image. Might be pic angle.

Thanks for the best wishes and gotta tell ya, loved your weathering when I saw it. As my brother told me:

"Bro your armor looks like an old fossil bone". Loved the comment.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Hey Luis,

How are you mi hermano...

Excited to see your most recent application, hopefully this will be it.

I am very happy and excited to se what you have accomplished. It has been a long and fun ride for sure. Lots of work on your armor I am sure, but it has payed off! Your TD looks awesome.

I must make a special note on your weathering. Yes, it is a bit more than we are used to over here. But for deployment that is not a problem. As it has been stated thousands of times on the forum, weathering is personal and gives each TD its character. But one thing that I noted is the art direction, as you said, on your weathering. I can see there is not one single random mark on it. Everything goes around in one concept and making it a really awesome weathering. Congrats bro!

I can see most of the requirements are covered already. But I will need you to post a few more picts of your T21. I noticed you are missing the ribbed tubing along the barrel and it is needed for deployment.

"22. BlasTech T-21 Light Repeating Blaster Rifle: Based on a real or replica Lewis Mark I machine gun. For this prop the magazine disk and bipod of the original gun are left off. A ribbed length of tubing is installed over the front of the gun barrel. The weapon is supported by a canvas, leather or nylon sling."

One thing I would also suggest is to change the sling for a more accurate or even a more generic one. The one you have looks a lot like a regular "rifle sling from earth", LOL!! So if you could replace it with either 2 real enfield slings, or just one webbing or leather sling, but without the shoulder padding, it would be better.

About the silver rivets. I think we can leave that up to you. We know some armors had them painted white and some did not. But since the real ones were not rivets but brads (and that I would have no problem leaving unpainted), I guess you would be better up painting your rivets white. Just a suggestion, not needed for requirement. I think that your idea of leaving some of them white and some not, as if the paint was damaged, could work nicely too.

Radar dish could be placed lower for accuracy, but I don't see that preventing you from being deployed.

And one final suggestion, no need for a picture or even needed for deployment, but might want to take it in consideration when trooping: I think you should wear your belt ammo pouch in the opposite site of the shoulder one. Looks more balanced IMO. :)

Thats it bro.

Almost there.

Just this few mods and you will be on your way!

It has been lots of fun bro, and I really want to see you deployed.

All the work and commitment you have put into your armor is amazing. And there is definitely a huge difference now from where you started!

Congrats.

So, if you need anything else or have a question, just ask.

Hope to see your upgrades soon!

Saludos

Juan

Hey Luis,

How are you mi hermano...

Excited to see your most recent application, hopefully this will be it.

I am very happy and excited to se what you have accomplished. It has been a long and fun ride for sure. Lots of work on your armor I am sure, but it has payed off! Your TD looks awesome.

I must make a special note on your weathering. Yes, it is a bit more than we are used to over here. But for deployment that is not a problem. As it has been stated thousands of times on the forum, weathering is personal and gives each TD its character. But one thing that I noted is the art direction, as you said, on your weathering. I can see there is not one single random mark on it. Everything goes around in one concept and making it a really awesome weathering. Congrats bro!

I can see most of the requirements are covered already. But I will need you to post a few more picts of your T21. I noticed you are missing the ribbed tubing along the barrel and it is needed for deployment.

"22. BlasTech T-21 Light Repeating Blaster Rifle: Based on a real or replica Lewis Mark I machine gun. For this prop the magazine disk and bipod of the original gun are left off. A ribbed length of tubing is installed over the front of the gun barrel. The weapon is supported by a canvas, leather or nylon sling."

One thing I would also suggest is to change the sling for a more accurate or even a more generic one. The one you have looks a lot like a regular "rifle sling from earth", LOL!! So if you could replace it with either 2 real enfield slings, or just one webbing or leather sling, but without the shoulder padding, it would be better.

About the silver rivets. I think we can leave that up to you. We know some armors had them painted white and some did not. But since the real ones were not rivets but brads (and that I would have no problem leaving unpainted), I guess you would be better up painting your rivets white. Just a suggestion, not needed for requirement. I think that your idea of leaving some of them white and some not, as if the paint was damaged, could work nicely too.

Radar dish could be placed lower for accuracy, but I don't see that preventing you from being deployed.

And one final suggestion, no need for a picture or even needed for deployment, but might want to take it in consideration when trooping: I think you should wear your belt ammo pouch in the opposite site of the shoulder one. Looks more balanced IMO. :)

Thats it bro.

Almost there.

Just this few mods and you will be on your way!

It has been lots of fun bro, and I really want to see you deployed.

All the work and commitment you have put into your armor is amazing. And there is definitely a huge difference now from where you started!

Congrats.

So, if you need anything else or have a question, just ask.

Hope to see your upgrades soon!

Saludos

Juan

Heeeeeeeeeeey Juanito!

Que paso carnalito!!!!!

As you mentioned it definitely has been a loooooong run for me to make it here.Posted Image

Demanding as **** as well of fun you bet!Posted Image

As for your comments here go my opinions:

1 I went thru a lot of weathering forums seen all types of armors. There´s actually an hypothesis in that west coast in the US weathers different as the east cost. However as you mention I wanted my weathering to have a distinctive "trade mark". If you saw the movie Jarhead, picture this but only with sandies going thru the sand, fires and oil fields. That´s the concept art behind it.

Posted Image

2 As for my T-21 I have no problem in submitting individual pics of the blaster. And gotta be honest I acquired it from Lewis Ervoes of http://www.sci-fire.com/tdpage.htm so I gotta check what you mention. Either way if it would be missing, will have to get creative and hit a hardware store to see what I could find to give the ribbed look.

Posted Image

3 Gotta believe me... I went thru lots of local extreme sports, tactical gear and gun shops in my country and the one attached was the best I could find. And yes, it is from a rifle sling. The only difference is that I choose black over olive green, not much of a supply over here. Tricks of trade? Be my guest.

Posted Image

4 As for the rivets, I will retouch with a brush "chips" of white. No big deal. The deal was to keep the rivets accurate were they belong, but don´t consider it a big issue if I leave them silver as you quote.

Posted Image

5 Radar Dish, I prefer to leave it as Quartermaster sent it so I don´t have to screw and mess up the pack. Might be afraid that for fixing a minor thing I might mess up another one.

6 Ammo pouch suggestion accepted. In the pics I did in the Ruins of Antigua I did it that way. This time I did it that way to keep the guys in the sandpit as I´ve seen in the TD Breakdowns.

Big question is: What´s next?Posted ImagePosted Image

I will go home and check the blaster, if the ribbed part is missing I will find a way of fixing it. If so could I send only pics of my blaster with the mod done?

Thanks for "el apadrinamiento"!

Posted Image

Well my bro,

Next step:

You need to fix the T21 and post a picture.

Then, I think you are done.

What you need to add to the gun barrel is this:

post-1761-055447800 1303234385_thumb.jpg

You could use some ribbed pipe or other stuff. Check out Pandatrooper's tutorial. Im sure it will be a lot of help.

Sci-Fire blasters are awesome, but they do need a couple of mods before being deployable.

And for the Sling, you could either get the real one here (you will need two of those, one green one tan), try ebay, or just use some nylon webbing as in this picture:

post-1761-018116500 1303234517_thumb.jpg

No need to get the real enfield sling, although it would add up to your T21 specially being it a Hyperfirm. If you go for the webbing, just make it look similar to what we see on screen.

post-1761-033503400 1303234684_thumb.png

Hope it helps.

Saludos

post-1761-042759800 1303234639_thumb.jpg

Well my bro,

Next step:

You need to fix the T21 and post a picture.

Then, I think you are done.

What you need to add to the gun barrel is this:

post-1761-055447800 1303234385_thumb.jpg

You could use some ribbed pipe or other stuff. Check out Pandatrooper's tutorial. Im sure it will be a lot of help.

Sci-Fire blasters are awesome, but they do need a couple of mods before being deployable.

And for the Sling, you could either get the real one here (you will need two of those, one green one tan), try ebay, or just use some nylon webbing as in this picture:

post-1761-018116500 1303234517_thumb.jpg

No need to get the real enfield sling, although it would add up to your T21 specially being it a Hyperfirm. If you go for the webbing, just make it look similar to what we see on screen.

post-1761-033503400 1303234684_thumb.png

Hope it helps.

Saludos

Yes it helps bro. Big time!

I will hit a hardware store to see the ribbed.

Do the fix, try to buy a sling an post different pics of only

my blaster rifle. And like we say in spanish: "Con eso estamos"

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Hey man, great to see you finally requesting officer deployment!!! :duim:

I have nothing else to add... everyone is giving you great advice already!

And man, your armor is AWESOME!

Hey man, great to see you finally requesting officer deployment!!! :duim:

I have nothing else to add... everyone is giving you great advice already!

And man, your armor is AWESOME!

Thanks for the kind support my friend it really means a lot to me! 

Almost there Luis. I agree on getting a new sling or at least dye it to the accurate colours. Plus the ribs on the T-21 as well.

Keep on going! B)

You can count on it done as late as tomorrow in the night, tops. Plus I will work on strobe light trigger effect circuit.

Any suggestions on the ribbed ring count, ribbed length or does it matter if has or not spaces between the ribbed rings?

I know I'm almost there, almost therePosted Image

So yes, I came home and when I saw my blaster it lacked the ribbed rings.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

But of course that wouldn't stop me for pursuing the deployment status.

If that's the missing link, check out what I did after two more days of full, but fun work

Posted Image

Luis,

First of all sorry for the delay. I've been very busy in my Dad persona this last days, but I am finally here... :D

I am very happy to see all your upgrades, commitment and hard work put on your armor. I must say that you have gone a long way from your first version a few months ago, to this GREAT looking TD today. Very big congrats bro. And being the first TD/501st in your country is also a great reason and a great achievement for sure. Specially with this quality TD! :D What a high bar for everyone to follow in your outpost/garrison.

Your commitment and attitude is also an example of a great Trooper and what I think a member of this MEPD brotherhood should be! Always positive and eager to ask and help others!

:D

So... having said that and without further word:

Congratulations Luis, you are now officially deployed as a MEPD Police Officer.

Click here.

PLS, send me or bluey the picture you want for your deployed profile.

Saludos

Juan