Need Help With Sandtrooper Helmet

Ilovesand&dirt

According to thedentedhelmet.com there are some of the differences between the sandtrooper helmet and "the clean guys". My question is where do you get the rear trapezoid decals without the strips? Are these painted? (I'm better with decals) Is there a place where you can get the decals? Same with the cheek trapezoids. BTW I am glad I took the step to join this great and helpfull forum. Next step is to go "dirty".

Yes, the set I have are decals and I got them from Molineux.

Can't recall if they're FX or not (though I believe they are) - will check when I get home tonight and reply either way.

Hand painting is certainly the way to go if you have the talent - would have gone that route myself if I did.

Um, and I also have some extra Hunbrol Grey #5 I can part with too...

Hand painting is certainly the way to go if you have the talent - would have gone that route myself if I did.

If I could paint at all I would. My ten year old could paint better that I could. How long did it take to get from Molineux? If you have an extra set, I would owe you big. You make the call: check, trade (eternal friendship) etc.

I checked my extras folder and here is what I have that I can part with:

Two (2) sets of FX sandtrooper decals, including the blue tube stripes made by Molineux. I paid £10 per set, which works out to $17.65 set. Looks like the going price on EBay for basic FX decals is $15+shipping. Would that be fair (Molineux are supposed to be more accurate in color).

One (1) set of ANH stormtrooper decals, including blue tube stripes. These came with my ANH bucket but I've never used them. Any reasonable offer accepted.

I also have one of those green tape things used as eye coverings for some AP helmets. This I can send at $0.00 + shipping.

If you want to do PayPal, please include their surcharge bit in the cost.

I checked my extras folder and here is what I have that I can part with:

I also have one of those green tape things used as eye coverings for some AP helmets. This I can send at $0.00 + shipping.

I am not familiar with the "green tape things". I will get back to you quickly about the decals. Thank you for your help. So, $15 or $17.65 for them?

I taped mine up really good, and spray painted them gray. I really enjoyed doing it myself, and I think they turned out pretty well for doing it for the first time. Here's a pic of my cheek and back of the helmet...

Thanks for the imput. Did you cut the lines out? I was thinking of that too. Does it make it a lot cooler in the bucket? Your right you do have a steady hand when it comes to painting.

How about $16 (covers PayPal) + shipping?

Shipping should be pretty cheap, just a padding envelope and a few stamps.

The "green tape thing" is a rectangular piece of thin green plastic with adhesive at each end. It's what you get with some ANH helmets and is supposedly what they used on in ANH to cover the eyes.

For my preference, I found it not secure enough & not dark enough so went with acrylic lenses from Got*Armor.

That said, I think someone else on this board has used it and likes it, so I guess it's a pref thing.

Sorry, I meant $16 total, which will include shipping. Ugh - Almost overcharged you there!

Paypal to feibao@gmail.com please. I can get it in the mail Saturday if payment's received by that morning. Will this be quick enough for you?

It's coming right now! The payment that is. Plenty of time, I am still putting the "FX" together then getting it "dirty". Quick question: Do you know if anyone here has tried this way of getting dirty

http://www.sci-fire.com/dirty_armor.htm

I like the look and its permanent. No disrespect to the clean troopers but I like sand&dirt

Received! They'll go out this Sat at the latest.

I am still putting the "FX" together then getting it "dirty".

Getting FX is easy, making it dirty is even easier. It's the backpack/BFG that will take up your time.

Glad to her you love the dirt. I think many folks had second thoughts before cutting in to the ab plate or applying the dirt, but once there don't know anyone who regretted making the plunge.