Questions!

ctankep

Hi! I am currently trooping in a TM 1mm ANH TK suit and out of curiosity (thinking on converting it) i was wondering what i would have to do to turn it into a TD suit?

I thought i'd ask you guys since you are the pro's!

Armourwise what do i need and where can i get it? The paldron and other details is a bonus im thinking primarly armour mods here.

Thanks!

/tk4418

Replace the ab-buttons (4->3), ab button plate, sniper plate, lose the shoulder bridges, get dirty. add pouches, pauldron, backpack.

Better, get a new suit :)

Yeah i would but that would result in losing my wife. :D

Not really worth it. So what i need to buy armourwise is a sniper kneeplate and a three button-strip to add where there now are four? :o

Yeah, that's all you really need to buy in regards to armor. Check out the CRL for some of the other minor changes you'd need to implement. There will be some painting and you'll have to remove some details from your TK and most importantly take a bath in some MUD.

There are a few other twists you could do when converting to TD, they are very small details but if you already have a TM 1mm... I guess it would be worth it.

Stuff like how the knee belt is trimmed, how to wear the the biceps, brow positioning over the face... little stuff.

But it could be a second step.

Also, get rid of the thermal detonator and the holster of course.

But man, it would be awesome to see that transformation.

Check this for other gear and where to find it. Here

And if you need any more help or info, just ask ;)

Saludos

• 2 months later...

So, a little update!

I have now orderd my pauldron and asked TM for a sniper kneeplate + abdomen buttons.

Also i have asked you guys how to remove my TK details. I am aiming for S.W.A.T. since i got my centurion badge at FISD and don't want to loose the Kudos. ;D

Iconoclasta: Is there a guide on how to trim and redy the armour for S.W.A.T.?

Also, do i need a backpack for swat or can i base my SWAT on a trooper in ANH that didn't have it? :o

So, a little update!

I have now orderd my pauldron and asked TM for a sniper kneeplate + abdomen buttons.

Also i have asked you guys how to remove my TK details. I am aiming for S.W.A.T. since i got my centurion badge at FISD and don't want to loose the Kudos. ;D

Also, do i need a backpack for swat or can i base my SWAT on a trooper in ANH that didn't have it? :o

You need a pack for MEPD Police Officer status before you even go for SWAT mate so you would need one.

Nick

So, a little update!

Hey!

Good to hear you are ready and aiming for SWAT!

Thats the spirit.

One thing is that you need to have the Deployed Police Officer Status before being able to get the SWAT one.

And for that you do need an accurate pack.

The, you could go for the SWAT badge and even choose a packless trooper to do so.

As for guidelines on how to trim the armor... well, if you know how to trim it for ANH TKs you have the idea. One exyra thing you might want to consider is that the knee ammo belt is trimmed different in every single TD. So, you should have it trimmed as the trooper you are aiming to copy.

Other than that, I can tell you to check lots of references and copy them. SWAT is different from Centurion, being that our program is about copying a single and specific TD appearing on screen o a determined scene. Centurion is more about standarized requirements for ubber accuracy generally speaking about TKs.

Does that make sense?

Check the CRL and the SWAT section of the forum for better references and guidelines. Also, check out other SWAT applications so you have a more clear idea on what and how we evaluate every single case.

If you need any help, just post or PM!

:D

SAludos