question about FX lids

dav'ika

AM kit comes with an original FX lid with a reshaped dome. Is this ok for being deployed? I know there was problems in the past with the original FX lid, something about being oversized? What's your thoughts? Should I go with a different brand? Got a big sized melon!!

Yeah,

AM armor done the right way is no problem for deployment. But the FX bucket, even with reshaped dome is a no go.

If you have a big melon, there are still many ANH options out there. And anyway, most of the issues in size with buckets are due to the way they are put together. I have a kind of big head too, and my TE2 fits perfectly and lots of room left around. I even was able to stuck my 5 year long dreadlocks inside it once (I cut them off since). Don't recommend it, but I was able to troop with it for a while.

:D

Saludos

The RT though is an idealized look that some like and some don't. It's a good helmet.

Also, I'd think it's fair to say that commonly available all helmets in kit form trace back to TE with the only exceptions being FX, TM, ANHv2, and the back 1/2 of RT.

The RT though is an idealized look that some like and some don't. It's a good helmet.

Also, I'd think it's fair to say that commonly available all helmets in kit form trace back to TE with the only exceptions being FX, TM, ANHv2, and the back 1/2 of RT.

Yes, that sounds fair.

What I meant is that it is not the most ANH look you can get in a helmet.

Thx bro for clarifying that.

Saludos

:salute: Juan.

My $.02 is that TE2 is still the nicest for sandy helmets. And yes, I may be little biased there... :)

You and me both!

I love my two TE2 helmets!!

They will always be the center of my collection/trooping gear.

I own a few other buckets from other makers, and they are great too, but TE2 is somehow special for me, and they make the best ANH TDs for sure!

Feels weird having to specify ANH or SE for TD buckets, but since I also have a SE TD bucket (WIP from a JoeR CfO), it is now needed.

Saludos

My $.02 is that TE2 is still the nicest for sandy helmets. And yes, I may be little biased there... :)

I agree here too.

TE2 for TD is da best bucket for your melon! :D