Star Tours opening at Disney World 20May11

ground pounder

Usually don't see ads for troops here, but I thought I would throw this out in case no one saw or heard of this. It is a special event for the re-opening of the Star Tours ride at Disney World. Be nice to get a strong contingent of MEPD there, plus meet some more MEPD members!

*******************************************************************************************

Disney has requested the 501st and Rebel Legion for a special event on May 20th, the first day of Star Wars Weekends. While the regular rules apply for Star Wars Weekends, there are modified rules for this one day to accommodate the special event.

The event is the grand opening of the new Star Tours Attraction.

Disney would like as many members as we can muster. Any 501st approved costume or Rebel Legion approved costume, including EU is invited. The minimum yearly troop requirement is suspended for this one day only.

I would like to get an idea of the number of potential attendees for the May 20th event. Please spread the word to any and all approved members of the 501st and Rebel Legion, worldwide. Right now, it looks like the report time will be 7:30 AM finishing around noon.

Please send an email to sww2011@starwarsweekends.com and include the following info:

Full Name

Membership number (or Rebel Legion)

email address

Costume

__ I will attend the May 20th event

Please, 1 email per member. Do not send multiples in the same email.

This is NOT the registration for the rest of Star Wars Weekends. This is just the special event. Your email address will be used to communicate important event information.

wow....this would be awesome. Let me see what I can work out....crazy question though...what about Jawas? the not official 501st but troop all the time kind! :)

Sounds like they only want 501st or RL members, with the ID#. But I guess you could ask the FL folks and see.

well if I get my armor kit in and get it built and approved in time Ill try to be there because my sister is working at Disney World right now and she is in an internship and it would be fun.