Icomm storage ideas

Smally

Hey Troops,

I have just ordered one of those awesome Icomm systems and can't wait to get it.

I currently have a Rom/fx which fits nicely in my shoulder pouch along with the speaker, I then run the mic up into my helmet and I'm away.

I am however starting to think of ideas on how and where to store the Icomm. Any one got theirs stored yet or at least any ideas to share?

Cheers all,

Smally.

I have a new set with a smaller speaker that will fit in my chest plate... but the set I use on my sandtrooper has the "big daddy" speaker. I have the wireless transmitter in my helmet — so I can easily de-bucket at any time — and then I have a "case" inside my ab-plate for my iPhone, which plays the MP3 loop, and I literally "drop" the speaker into my ab plate once I have it strapped on. It sits comfortably between my stomach and plastic... and don't move by much at all during a troop.

The iPhone has come out of the case (it slides in from the side) twice... which is an odd sensation as it falls out from between my legs. :P

The new system is for my white TK and I will not play the MP3 loop with it. So I will, most likely, replace the iPhone case with a case for the iCOMM which is what I did on my sandtrooper while I was beta-testing the iCOMM.

Honestly the static bursts add SO MUCH to the "performance" of the trooper that the MP3 becomes secondary. Though I still love it, I can foresee not using it as much anymore due to the iCOMM.

Hope that helps!

I will be velcroing the icomm in my back box and run the wire to the Aker amp under my chest plate. My Aker has been disassembled and I use 2 smaller and thinner speakers under each pectoral area under the chest. I made a custom housing for it to make the whole system lower profile.

I put my iComm in my back armor and attach with industrial strength velcro. I am also able to fit my wireless receiver and Aker MR1506 in the back armor. I had a tough time doing that before with my RomFX and hyperdyne because I also had to fit in a enclosed battery box with it. That is no longer an issue. While i use velcro, i have also take 1" elastic straps, strung them across the inside back armor, and glued them in place. The webbing then keep everything in place a little better. Especially the voice amp.