Which black for the pack Jack ?

Quebectrooper

If you study the screen captures, you'll see that the parts have a hint of shine to them. I found flat black was just too dull. Gloss black was too shiny. So, you've gotta meet in the middle with semi-gloss or "satin" :)

Or, you could make it mostly satin with some parts flat black for contrast, kind of like the silver on Darth Vader's helmet.

Charlie

I personally use a flat black to match the tones if the blasters. However in my weathering process I use a satin clear coat fininsh to adhere the the sand and texture so it does gives that glossy appearance in certain areas.

I used flat black for most of the parts since I guess thats what they used on ANH. I can imagine the prop/art department putting all the black stuff together: seed boxes, radios, syphons, blasters, pauldrons, ammo pouches... and just sprayed all with flat black. Then the same went for blue stuff and so on...

Anyway, I do have some satin accents in some pieces as the radio knobs and brackets, or the mortan tube, just cause it looks cool!

But at the end, just like Dirty Boy, I sprayed the whole thing with a clear coat of hairspray, so it has some sort of shiny look from certain angles.

But Flat black is the way to go I think.

Saludos