Building a Special Edition Bucket (JoeRCfO)

iconoclasta_88

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A group of Rotj or se tks look great together but put them with an anh sandy then they start to be less great.

I love my Rotj but I can see me putting him into se dirt one day...that pic looks too cool TM.

Any tk can benefit from a sandy makeover!

Here is my sandy next to my CFO...see what I mean?

Posted Image

As far as weathering goes, looks like they did the major paint splash sortta thing more than the layers of wash and blendings and such.

Do we have more pictures of the SE TDs like the one TM shared?

What about the packs?

Are those pauldrons like the ANH TD pauldrons?, they seem a little off to me...

Very true!, looks like conveyer belt rubber material to me as well.

I have worked out a reason for the ROTJ troops to be on tatooine, beyond the film makers got lazy during the SE...

In ROTJ, the Emperor says that an "entire legion of his best troops" awaits the rebels on the Endor moon. So the armor the TKS wore in ROTJ are what his "best" troops wear... So flash back to ANH.

The MEPD is stationed on Tatooine and has been there forever. They are like lots of deployed troops out in an area far from important, equipped with older model, worn out things, specifically designed for the desert environment perhaps, but still old and worn out, far from the latest model of armor/equipment. It has been used and abused, held together with duct tape and spit, with a clothes hanger tossed in for good measure...(or whatever the SW equivalent :P )

Darth Vader's star destroyer would have at least one squad of "Elite" troops I would think. When he tells the TK commander (out of armor) to see to it personally, he is sending down those elite troops to the surface to supplant and guide the already existing garrison on the planet. Think the FBI coming to lend a hand to a local law enforcement branch. (and I bet the MEPD resents them as much as local Law resents the feds stepping in lol)

So out in the desert we see a mix of the elite transfered from space TKS, with just the bare modifications for desert work, there to oversee the search. in Mos Eisley, we see the good ol local MEPD doing their jobs, same as they would without the hotshots from command....

Yeah I like to make things "real" as opposed to just random mistakes and oversites on the prop department. When I put on my costumes I assume a role, and like an actor I like to know who that person is I am supposed to be. I do not want to be just another fanboy in an expensive costume.

Here is another thought...

the Current CRL does not allow for a SE Sandtrooper, so could you get approved? :P

So we have Quartermaster willing to have a go at the pack, think we could get Trooper1 to have a go at the pauldrons?

So many costumes...so little time...

Here is another thought...

the Current CRL does not allow for a SE Sandtrooper, so could you get approved? :P

So we have Quartermaster willing to have a go at the pack, think we could get Trooper1 to have a go at the pauldrons?

So many costumes...so little time...

Actually bro,

The actual CRL does allow Special Edtition Sandtroopers. But then again, an actualu CRL has not been written down.

Anyway, we can help you get there, if you want to.

No prob.

Saludos.