AM armor question

ground pounder

I am considering buying the black TX armor in the AM style of armor. Just wanted to ask my fellow MEPD brothers what they think about AM armor. I have TE2 now for my TD and think that is the best looking suit in my garrison (IMHO). But since a TX is not screen canon, I am leaning towards the AM style for that.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Brian

AM is completely different than TE2... as you know.

TE2 really looks like the films. AM looks like what people think the films looked like. It's very "idealized" in other words.

That's not "good" or "bad," just a fact.

I helped a fellow trooper here assemble his white AM armor and was impressed with the quality. Personally I like screen-accurate looking armor rather than idealized... but, like you said, the TX isn't on screen anyway. So I say it'd be a good choice.

Another option to consider is that ATA is now offering kits in ABS, and in black. (Of course you could get it in HIPS as well if you prefer.)

That would be a lot closer to TE2.

I am currently finishing up an AM set for my Incinerator Trooper and I love it. Extremely good quality, excellent detail. Very easy to assemble. It is made for the "Bigger" trooper so if you are shorter than 6' and under 200lbs, you will have a lot of trimming to do.

I am about 6' and weight 215 and I had to shorten the thighs and shins a bit. also had to trim a bit off the mid section.

Like Noel said, it is symetrical, so for the video game characters like mine, it is perfect.

I would say if you really like the shape of your TE2, go for ATA in black. It will fit you the same where as with AM you may need to do more modifications. The AM chest and back are not very accurate. The only thing you need to do with the ATA TX kit is polish it. My TD is ATA and I love it! My TK is an AM but it took a lot of modifications to make it fit right and be more accurate.

I wrote a lengthy AM review here, might provide some more insight for you.

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=12579&pid=155662&st=0entry155662

Thanks for the replies. Going with the AM because it is ready to go now. I can always upgrade one day if needed. But like I said above, the TX isn't seen on the screen so it is ok to have it idealized - in my mind. Waiting to see what the helmet looks like. I might use my AP that I have never finished assembling - it will just need to be painted black. And of course - I need to finish my TD pack to get deployed!!!! one day...one day