EFX Sandtrooper Bucket Pre-order

Quartermaster

Well they say "BASED" off a Lucasfilm helmet.All the EFX helmets were scanned from an actual LFL helmet..the problem is they scanned one side and "flipped" it to make it symetrical. This is the same as the MRCE, and recent ESB EFX.Is it perfect, no, but it is still the best commercially avaiable helmet on the market and with a few mods, looks pretty good, and WAAAAAAAAAY better than the old FX bobble head helmet! Alot of 501st people use these helmets.

As for the TD details, they are all there. Dirt, no lines in the tears all black mic tips and the frown is painted better than any of the previously released versions. I say its not bad for a TD bucket massproduced and right out of the box.

It's fun they did a "sandtrooper" one.

I'd redo the weathering on mine if I got one.

Which means I'd probably by another MRCE or eFX normal one and mod it to be a TD.

But yeah, it's cheap and available and a heck-of-a lot better than an FX.

I personally wouldn't buy it, but I think it is not soooo bad.

I mean, it is not accurate for sure, looks weird, and is not constructed the way a real SW prop helmet would have been, but oh well. This is for sure not intended for us ubber accuracy geeks that want even the flaws and gaffer's tape on our armor. It is an out of the box helmet for "normal" SW collectors, and also for so many 501st members who don't want, like or can have a more accurate bucket.

It is good for what it is... and with some mods, it is a perfectly troopable bucket for the legion and even detachment standards... just not my thing.

The one thing that I don't understand and will never condone is why these sellers/makers us to believe that it is a real replica if everyone can see it is not. I don't understand.

But... it reminds me of myself about 10 years ago or so, the first time I saw a rubber Rubies TK helmet at a friends house. I wanted to have it. I thought it was the ultimate Stormtrooper helmet and as good as it got. LOL!! Was I naive.

Anyway... Thanks for sharing John.

Saludos

I think its more of an on the shelf kind of collectible. one would assume without seeing it in person that the weathering they put on it would be hard to match with a suit of armor...maybe not. anyway, if I wasnt so involved in what we do, i might have thought about buying one for display purposes or for my kids room. again, its cool for what it is and at least they are producing products that keep the "force" alive. even if it not so accurate...at least its something:) just remember....they always want to have something better for people to upgrade to tomorrow :)

Hey everyone. Guess I did it again. Leave it to me to post something that would ruffle some feathers.

I actually posted it just to say, "hey check this out!"

I agree it really bears no resemblance to a TD bucket as seen in the film. It is to "perfect" to be a TD bucket.

As Rick said, it would be hard to match the factory weathering as well.

You would be better off buying a TK version and doing your own mods. I am curious to see what it looks like in person though. ;)

mouaiis... not the better helmet we can seen, but a good first helmet for collector and first armor, i can say it is really better than FX.

it is ready to wear so it will probably a succes for many one won't to assemble and paint/weathhering it.

I probably would have bought it 3/4 years ago for my collection, but now i can see the spectacular difference between this helmet and a really good replica helmet.