Deployments?

sandtrooper

Well...

That is a very good question.

Have never thought of it before.

And it brings me more questions:

I know we "certify" users based on their armors, but can we certify an extra armor for the same user?

And if so what would be the point of that? Double or triple deployments sounds cool, but, what is it for?

This could be included in the elite program we have been working on for some time now.

I totally see one member having 2, 3 or more armor configuration for different TDs. I know I could do it if I wanted with the gear I already have. Many of us could Im sure...

So, maybe it is worth thinking a way to award that effort.

:D

I have to think about that a bit.

What does everyone else think?

Noel, Rick, Zac, Rolf???

Paul, have you though of something like that over the FISD??? Or here?

We are taking giant steps know in specialization and deployment compared to how it was when I first joined a couple years ago, not to mention how this whole thing started... Interesting!!

Saludos

Interesting for sure....I like the idea of achieving different levels of accuracy within your armor and accessories. I think if we were to actually "certify" different armors, they would actually have to be different armor and not just a different pauldon and pouch configuration. The weathering would also have to match to the on screen trooper you were replicating and each submission would be different. Its something we can look into further if there was enough interest but I think at this point completing the "Elite" program would be the first step.

Check this out bro:

http://forum.mepd.ne...topic=7050&st=0

Still on the design table but... hopefully someday we will take this step!

Saludos

Oh man... sorry, I just realized you are in your way to become a TD, and this is in the TD only section of the forum.

I will try to bring a little more of this tomorrow, but at the moment I am a bit busy and this is a big subject.

Maybe someone else can explain a bit more.

The main idea is a new standard for those Deployed TDs that went further in replicating Screen TDs.

Saludos.

Yeah, good question... and yes, the Elite program may have just this very thing. Something where you can get a different "badge" or the like for every correct combination you can come up with.

It's a fun idea for sure!

The truth is there are a lot of things I'm still hoping to get done in the next few months — not to mention the next year if I remain as DL (which I would love).

I feel like a lot has happened for sure, but there's still a lot of cool things to do for sure too!! B)

Yeah, good question... and yes, the Elite program may have just this very thing.

Sorry to hijack the thread... Noel, the FISD Expert Infantry Badge programme used to be called "Elite". We were "asked" by the powers that be to change the name because "Elite" is too elitist. I'm sure Paul can fill you in on the details.

Dave J.

Posted Image

Sorry to hijack the thread... Noel, the FISD Expert Infantry Badge programme used to be called "Elite". We were "asked" by the powers that be to change the name because "Elite" is too elitist. I'm sure Paul can fill you in on the details.

Dave J.

Posted Image

No worries Dave....the "Elite" is just the working title until we actually launch the program. We have received some information about there being an issue and what changes FISD made. Im sure it will be more in the lines of "expert" as we get closer.

No worries Dave....the "Elite" is just the working title until we actually launch the program. We have received some information about there being an issue and what changes FISD made. Im sure it will be more in the lines of "expert" as we get closer.

The other is that I'd not call it a squad. Squads are very specifically defined in the charter and it would cause a lot of confusion.

Why not a riff on our title already? When you are deployed you are an MEPD Police Officer - which is sad that everyone uses the more boring "deployed". :(

Ideally the "elite" will tie in to that. FISD will also create an "elite" above EI next year (if I'm still DL). I also will call it something cool, like Ranger, Centurion, Commando, etc. So you can either go that route, or again just try to figure out what's higher than a "Police Officer" (alas, SWAT doesn't sound as cool...)